108788 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: LP1000r CPU Fan

SOLVED
Go to solution
Terri Harris
Honored Contributor

Ok, I was just making sure this really WAS a LP1000r and not a LP2000r :) It is a LP1000r.
Yellow alert with zero rpm does not make sense. I'm thinking the HP management/monitoring stuff might be reporting a problem when there really isn't one. When you able to pop the top on this box there is no easy way to verify fans are spinning. But I would say just run with it. If the fan(s) have failed or are failing, if the server finally quits its a core box replacement to fix fans. So you'd get a new system board anyway if you have to replace parts.
Sean T. Craig
Honored Contributor

Hi Danny,

Here's another thing you should check because it is really confusing on the LP1000r. The fans in the server are connected to power connectors that are labeled differently than what you actually plug into them. Here's how they should look:

CPU_FAN1 - I/O Area Fan
(the one that blows over the PCI Card; left side if you're facing the front)

CPU_FAN2 - Power Supply
(There is a 2-wire connector, blue & black, that come out of the power supply)

CHA_FAN1 - System Board Fan
(Next to the I/O Area Fan that blows over the RAM)

CHA_FAN2 - Primary CPU Blower.

Make sure all these connectors are properly seated in the correct positions. Since the CPU_FAN1 Connector powers the I/O area fan, it would make sense to check and see if it is spinning.

Best of luck,

Sean T. Craig Sr. C.E.T., M.C.P.

I am King...of my apartment.
Terri Harris
Honored Contributor

The fan connections given above are actually for the LP2000r :). These are the fan connections for the CPU blower assembly (runs down middle of the LP2000r) and the PCI Riser cage fan. There are no removable connections on the LP1000r fan, no cables or connectors.
Sean T. Craig
Honored Contributor

Hi Terri,

Sorry, I don't mean to contradict you here -- I know you've been doing this much longer than I have -- but I just visually verified the connectors on the 2 LP1000's in our lab. The system board is identical to the one on the LP2000, with the same connectors. It's just the fans themselves that are different; they aren't hard-wired.

Is the 1.14GHz+ different from the 1GH- maybe?

Bye for now,

Sean
I am King...of my apartment.
CCS Admin
Occasional Advisor

Thank you very much Terri, Sean and all.
I am going to take all this info and try various steps.

First would be to check the fans physically and see if I can determine if the parts have been replaced and if they appear to be functioning and pushing the proper amount of air flow. Then what you all mentioned.

I dont know if it matters, but I forgot to mention that the fan LED onthe front panel is steady red. So there is something wrong somewhere.

I will keep you guys updated.

Danny

Andrew Rutter
Honored Contributor

hi,

just to argue a bit with terry's responce

the part number I gave is correct for the single blower in the LP1000R

the part number for the two fans in the LP2000R are

P1824-63047 primary fan
P1824-63044 secondary fan

Also the service manual would not have part number if it was not originally orderable.
I would check it is correctly connected on all pins and aslo look at updating the Bios if you need to.

Andy
Terri Harris
Honored Contributor

Unfortunately the service manual for the LP1000r is incorrect - where it lists an orderable fan. The LP1000r fan comes with the core box replacement.
VSP IT-Palvelu

I'm also unable to find replacement fan for our lp1000r (1,26GHz) server. I'm also interested in all fans concerning this model, since we have multiple servers.

Part numbers would be nice.