1752812 Members
5837 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Link aggregation and D5013B adapters

Matthew Sadler

Link aggregation and D5013B adapters

Hello,

A general question. My Cs is using an LC2000 with SBS2000 and wants to set up 2 D5013B adapters as a link aggregation team.
He is using compatible a compatible switch, but the performance he gets is terrible. Is there any documentation available with tips on how to do it? The help provided with the driver only offers general descriptions of the functions of the adapter?

Best Wishes

Matthew
5 REPLIES 5
Marino Meloni_1
Honored Contributor

Re: Link aggregation and D5013B adapters

hi
take a look herehttp://isupport2.hp.com/Solution.asp?id=50e050a7-e71e-11d4-beb1-0090277257e4
bye
marino
Marino Meloni_1
Honored Contributor

hi
here is the manualhttp://netserver.hp.com/docs/download.asp?file=am_10100txnic_01.pdf

bye

marino
Matthew Sadler

Hi!

Thanks for your quick reply! That was an interesting document. However, there is just one thing I noticed: it talks about 3 types of adapter teaming: AFT, ALB and FEC. However Link aggregation is not mentioned.
In the help file for the driver, it mentions "Link aggregation" but there is also a big black sentence saying "Not all adapters support the options below" (I guess the help file is written for a large number of different NICs)
Is there any way of knowing whether this function is supported on this D5013B adapter? I've been scouring the HP web, but I'm not any wiser I'm afraid!

Best Wishes

Matthew
Marino Meloni_1
Honored Contributor

hy
What are link aggregation and LAN aggregation?
Link aggregation is using multiple connections between two devices to increase the available bandwidth for data traffic.
LAN aggregation uses multiple connections between multiple devices to increase data transmission bandwidth and to provide redundancy to increase network uptime.
in your case for link aggregation you can set the two or more nics as ALB (adaptative load balancing) or FEC (fast ether channel) thes two mode can encrease the bandwith, in AFT mode ( fault tollerance) only one card is working, the second is in stand-by
bye
marino
Matthew Sadler

Thanks for your help! I'll pass this on to my Customer!

Best Wishes

Matthew