1753720 Members
4863 Online
108799 Solutions
New Discussion

Moving NetRAID array from LH6000 to LH3

Scott Cave
Occasional Contributor

Moving NetRAID array from LH6000 to LH3

I am working on an LH6000 that just stopped recognizing the keyboard completely. I have tried multiple known good keyboards, and when I plug them in all three keyboards briefly light and then they go out and the keyboard doesn't respond. I have tried both through the PS/2 port and a PCI card with 4 USB ports. I can't get any of these ports to recognize any keyboard.
So I need to get the data off the NetRAID array. The only other NetServer I have is a slightly older LH3. Both NetServers have integrated NetRAID although I have no idea which version. I tried connecting the SCSI cable from the LH6000 and connecting to the IO board on the LH3 to see if I could get that NetRAID controller to raid the LH6000 array. It found the logical drive and seemed to try to read the RAID configuration from the disks but then just listed it as a failed logical drive. I tried to enter the NetRAID Assistant Utility (name?) using CTRL-M and then did a View/Add Configuration. I thought I would be given the option to read the configuration from the drives or from the controller, but it never gave me that option. It only seems to look at the controller configuration and therefore it can't properly read this other array. It gives an error about the NVRAM and disks do not match.
First of all, can a LH3 NetRAID controller read an array from a LH6000? The LH3 was manufactured 8/99 and the LH6000 was 8/00.
Second, in the LH3 NetRAID utility how do you get it to read the array configuration from the disks instead of the controller?
I really need to get the data off this array and obviously I don't want to make a mistake and inadvertantly destroy the array while trying to get this to work. Thanks for any help.