1748031 Members
4989 Online
108757 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

NIC Teaming on HP netserver lc2000r

Rob Tyler

NIC Teaming on HP netserver lc2000r

Hi,

I have recently been asked by my manager to set up the NIC teaming on an HP netserver lc2000r, however I am unable to locate any resources to perform this action.

Is anyone aware of an FAQ or software which will enable me to utilise teaming for the built in NIC's on this server?

Thanks in advance,

Rob
3 REPLIES 3
amhakassa
Honored Contributor

Re: NIC Teaming on HP netserver lc2000r

Hi Rob,

To utilize adapter teaming you need to download the utility that helps you configure adapter teaming from this link
If you Operating system is Windows 2000
http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/DriverDownload.jsp?locale=en_US&taskId=135&prodSeriesId=51734&prodTypeId=12883&pnameOID=51736&swEnvOID=181#432

Download the Proset utility and read the read me file to install and configure it

If you got the following error "The error message in the System Event log is: HP Advanced Network Service Transport failed to start" sometime after you install it the utility
The casue will be related to a startup timing interaction with Veritas Backup Exec.

The resolution for this will be
Edit the registry. (Make sure you back up the registry--very careful on changing the registry please)

Run regedt32.exe

Change: HKLM\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\HPANSProtocol\Group=PNP_TDI to HKLM\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\HPANSProtocol\Group=NDIS

This changes the startup order of the HP Advanced Network Service Transport and the error message indicating service failed to start will no longer occur on bootup

Regards
Amha Kassa
Rob Tyler

Thanks for the info.
I'll try this out and then get back to this thread with the results. Fingers crossed all will go well.

Thanks again,

Rob
amhakassa
Honored Contributor

You are most welcome, rob!!!

Cheers