Netservers
1752579 Members
4100 Online
108788 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: NetServer LX Pro 6 / 200 - CPU fan failures

NetServer LX Pro 6 / 200 - CPU fan failures

Hi,

After installing some PCI network cards in my NetServer (tried to installe3 cards but the system simply would not boot), I rebooted the whole system. Now I have it complaining about CPU fans so it is running only 1 CPU instead of 4. The weird thing is there are no CPU fans on my proceessor boards.

Anyone knows how I could re-enable my processors ?
5 REPLIES 5
Greg Carlson
Honored Contributor

Jean-Fran,

I would suggest starting by Clearing the CMOS and then flashing the BIOS. Then enter the ECU and check to see if your 4 CPU's show up at the BIOS level afterwards. The BIOS is available at: http://h20004.www2.hp.com/keeper_rnotes/bsdmatrix/matrix50460.html

To clear the CMOS power the server off. Then flip the Clear CMOS switch on in the bank of three switches located by PCI slot 0. After clearing the CMOS boot to the ECU diskette and save and exit. Then boot to the Bios flash diskette and then boot back to the ECU after flashing BIOS to check on your CPU status.

Ciao,
Greg
Lets Roll!

ECU diskette ? Where can I get this ?
I bought the server at an auction and there is only a Diagnostic disk (inside the top cover)...

Also check the BIOS matrix and I have the latest version...

Thanks

Just saw where to download that ECU disk !
BTW, does flashing the BIOS will clear my RAID Settings ?
Greg Carlson
Honored Contributor

Clearing the CMOS or flashing the BIOS will not touch your netraid config. That is stored on the NVRam of the netraid card. Flashing the netraid fw will also not affect your config.

On a side note, when you save the files for the BIOS and ECU, save the files to your desktop and then double click on the .exe files to extract to floppy. They each require one floppy which will be made bootable.

Ciao,
Greg
Lets Roll!
Aaron Burkey
Occasional Contributor

Don't know if this will help but,... my LX Pro, running 4 cpu's with fans, has jumpers to include or exclude in "scan". These seem to only be on the "older" cpu boards that only support up to 512kb of cpu cache. The newer cpu boards I have that do support the 1mb cache, don not have these jumpers.....

.....for what it's worth!