Netservers
1754281 Members
3460 Online
108813 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Netraid 2M problem

K Engle

Netraid 2M problem

I have a netserver with a netraid P3475 controller that is choking. The contoller goes into bios, initializes the controller chip, scans the drives, spins the drives (maybe) and displays message "Reading Configuration" and stops. Ctrl-M does nothing. Any ideas? Is this controller dead?
6 REPLIES 6
Theo Hill_1
Honored Contributor

Try and update the firmware on the controller. You can get the firmware from here:

http://h20004.www2.hp.com/keeper_rnotes/bsdmatrix/matrix51930.html#Firmware%20-%20Controller
K Engle

Cannot get past this point. Machine won't boot with controller installed. Can't get to point to flash. Thanks
Greg Carlson
Honored Contributor

What server is this NetRaid 2M in? This is the first rev of 2M's and is not compatable in the TC4100. Also does the NetRaid behave the same if there is nothing cabled to it? If so then it sounds like the card is not initializing.

Ciao,
Greg
Lets Roll!
Theo Hill_1
Honored Contributor

You might also try another PCI slot.

Are you trying to boot from the HDD on the controller? What OS? Can you boot from a Floppy?
Don't fix what ain't broke!
K Engle

I've sent the controller back to the reseller for exchange. I purchased it from a second-hand "recycler". Should know better but it was a fraction of original cost.