Netservers
1752798 Members
6019 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: Netserver LX Pro Hang on POST(3 Beeps)

John Kelley_1
Occasional Contributor

Netserver LX Pro Hang on POST(3 Beeps)

HI all,

I've noticed several posts related to the three beep problem on a Netserver Pro. I've got the same problem that appeared after trying to add a RAID 3 card. It's still there.

I tried removing memory, swapping memory, etc, and nothing has worked so far. I had a spare processor board with new CPU's and a new system board, so I tried that too.

HP Tech support seems to think now it's a memory board. Can anybody let me know if it's worth the money to try this fix.. I can probably get one pretty reasonably.

I'm doing the setup work for a local charity and would appreciate any help you experts can give.

Thanks for a great community!!

John Kelley
Users are always wrong, boss!!!
1 REPLY 1
Eugeny Brychkov
Honored Contributor

Re: Netserver LX Pro Hang on POST(3 Beeps)

Hi John,
according to manual 3 beeps mean "First 64K memory failure: Check and replace SIMMs". But if you checked memory (tried it in different combinations inserting different SIMMs from your set each time) and even tried another motherboard then: if after you inserted addon card to both motherboards and they apper to be dead then it looks like addon card is defective. Good idea is to check motherboard's slot where you inserted the card - do you see bent pins in there?
Eugeny