108789 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Netserver network Dos Boot disk

SOLVED
Go to solution
RedBack
Frequent Advisor

Netserver network Dos Boot disk

I am having trouble successfully creating a Network Boot Disk for my Netservers. The NIC is a HP Netserver 10/100TX PCI. I am using the latest Dos driver. The problem is that although the driver appears to load okay, the IP address information does not bind to the card. The purpose of this card is to create Ghost images across the network. If anyone out there has successfully created a Boot Disk I would appreciate it if you could help me out.
5 REPLIES 5
Enes Dizdarevic
Honored Contributor

Re: Netserver network Dos Boot disk

If you have nt4.0 server in your network you can use tool called Network Client Administrator to create dos boot disk. Here is the link to MS knowledge base articel which explains how to include third party drivers in this tool http://support.microsoft.com/directory/article.asp?ID=KB;EN-US;Q128800
Another posibility is to use drivers for Intel 10/100 LAN card because HP 10/100 LAN card has Intel chipset and work with Intel's driver. This may be easier way since many softwares which can create some kind of network boot disks (including Ghost) include drivers for Intel's card.
RedBack
Frequent Advisor

I have created the boot disk to work with many NIC cards and overall it works very well. The problem is only with HP Netservers. I have tried both the HP driver and the Intel driver but neither work. Is there not anyone out there that has a working Network boot disk for Netservers?
Ulrich Roth
Solution

Hi Mark,

I have a boot disk that works
with E60, E800 and LP1000r
using Intel drivers.
Tell me where to send the
zip file.
My e-mail is roth@impact.de.
Bye
Uli
Ulrich Roth

Hi ppl,

although a lot of time has gone by since I posted the above message, from time to time I still get requests to send the zip file. So I like to tell you that my e-mail address has changed:
ulrich.roth@freemotion.de

Bye
Ul├Г
Ulrich Roth

I'm astonished that after all these years the boot disk is still requested every two years or so.
As I'm just changing my e-mail address (too much spam), I will post the new one here and now:
Simply replace the dot between my first name an my last name by a dash.
Regards
Uli