1748232 Members
3519 Online
108759 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Now I've really done it.

Joe Short
Super Advisor

Now I've really done it.

I have a Netserver LX Pro with a NetRAID 3si card. The other night I was adding cache to the NetRAID, I removed the battery, removed the 4MB cache and installed 32MB of the same type of RAM. I reinstalled the battery, and reinstalled the NetRAID card into slot 1 (where it had been working fine) Now my server will not even post, the LCD stays blank. If I remove the NetRAID card the server will boot fine.
I fear the worst, any thoughts?
4 REPLIES 4
malvin drakley
Esteemed Contributor

Re: Now I've really done it.

Hi Joe, it might not be so bad, have you tried putting back the original cache. If not try that and when you boot up and hit CTRL-M do go into the raid set up it will tell you that the configuration is different from the nvram to the disc, and you can then copy the configuration from the disc back into the nvram
hope this gives some idea
malvin
Not me Chief, I'm Radar
Joe Short
Super Advisor

Thanks for the quick reply. I tried that and had the same result, no POST, and a blank LCD. Again, removing the card clears the problem. I did follow the same procedure for re-installing the original 4MB cache, remove the battery, swap the cache, replace the battery, etc.
This is why I fear the worst, I'm hoping someone can suggest some undocumented trick, or something I missed.
Thanks.
Greg Carlson
Honored Contributor

Joe,

When you say the server will not boot, do you mean no video or no power?

If its no Power, you may have lost the remote management card. Try to pull that card and jumper the pins on the front of the server with the red jumper and see if that brings the server back online.

If its no video, pull the netraid card from the server and see if that restores video, you may have damaged the card.

Ciao,
Greg
Lets Roll!
Joe Short
Super Advisor

Greg, the NetRAID card is exactly what I suspect. With the NetRAID in the server, the server will power up, but there is no video, and nothing on the LCD on the server itself. If I remove the NetRAID card the server will boot. I was hoping that there might be some sort of tweak I missed, but in all honesty, I think the NetRAID card is toast.