1751714 Members
5723 Online
108781 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: PCI System Error

Mark Askham

Q: Are you running Mcafee Virus shield on the server, and when the server crashes are any super dat files being downloaded at the time of the crash. I have seen this problem before and disabling the viruscanner fixed the issue.
Roy Berghout

I've got the same problem on a HP NetServer LC2000, Netware 5.1 SP3. Server went down 2 times so far and did restart nicely, but I'm sure that in the future it will not restart. Does anyone have an answer already?? Error code was: PCI System Error on Bus\Device\Function 0078h. Hope to hear something soon!! Thanx...
Christian Deveau

The People at HP told me it was an issue with Novell SP3 (or greater) not working properly with the LC2000. They suggested that if possible i revert to Novell 5.1 SP2a. Luckily for myself I had the equipment to do this. Knock on wood, but so far so good I haven't had any issues with the LC2000 and Novell 5.1 SP2A.
Terri Harris
Honored Contributor

The recommendation is to apply Netware Spk4. Can someone who is experiencing this error do this and let us know the results?
Thanks!
Bruce M. Wink

Hi,

I have had the same error /Bus/Device/Function 0078h on a LC2000, however I was running Netware 5.1 with SP3 and the error occurred after I applied SP4. I thought Arcserve 7.0 caused the problem because it was when Arcserve was loading that the error occurred. I reverted back to SP3 and patched Arcserve 7.0 with a recent released patch (see CA's site for details) and I haven't had the error again, but I'm still on SP3. My Box is factory default with a NET1SI raid card and a DAT24 on the internal controller.
Tony Aex

We are also getting this exact error. We started getting this error running NW 5.0 sp6a.

We have since upgraded to NW 5.1 and are currently running sp4. We thought it may be ArcServe or McAfee so we've unloaded those modules. We are running Groupwise 5.5e. We had this error crash our server this morning.

Any help would be appreciated.
Tony Marriott

We fixed the problem on our server by replacing the net card driver. Although the on board NIC is an HP TX you should not use the HPTX.LAN driver. Use the latest CE100B.LAN.

I am not sure if this was everyones problem, it seems to appear in differing circumstances but seems to be problem with processing interupts on the PCI bus -possibly!

Basically the fix is - latest drivers/software versions/patches all round - if it still does it you have probably missed one.
Tony Aex

Well, we applied sp5 last night. Changed the driver over to the latest ce100b.lan as well as ensuring all other hardware was running at the latest drivers.

Our server crashed in the wee hours of the morning.

I think I am fast reaching the point of migrating to a new hardware base entirely.

Anything else I haven't tried yet?

Thanks
Greg Carlson
Honored Contributor

Tony,

This is a case where rolling back to an earlier SP is required. SP2a or SP1 does not cause the error.

Ciao,
Greg
Lets Roll!
Ed Martens
Occasional Contributor

We have 35 LC2000U3 with Nw5.1 SP4 and have none problems.
The Thing we do is make sure your hardware setting are oke. Don't use irq9 and 15. We give PCI slots dedicated irq's
Our config.
- Netraid irq10 slot 5
- TTRCC irq3 slot 1(disabled serial2)
- HPTX nic irq5 slot 4
- Onboard SCSI contrl irq11
- Embedded LAN irq 5
All the remaining slots disabled.

Good luke and please let me know if it solved any problems.