Netservers
1748015 Members
4912 Online
108757 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: PLEASE HELPME WITH THIS SERVER LHII

Agente Smith

PLEASE HELPME WITH THIS SERVER LHII

Hello need expert assistance from any person who is in the server have a big problem, what happens is that I have a total disarray in the server, not as set
Apagadores those who are behind the hard drive and I believe that as a result of the 4 discs that I have detected a single, I netraid card when I try to install mark a fatal error when the CD runs from navigator, said there was no found unity logic being that at least detect a disk, I need some expert to help me configure the 100 2003, one of my problems is that it has two processors but I deployed following message (system support for two processors initialized by a single processor) and do not know how to correct this
In a nutshell need help step by step to be able to walk, I am ready to reward that knows this
Greetings
9 REPLIES 9
Raghuarch
Honored Contributor

Hi Adente,

It may not be seeing the other processor ...
Please look at the below Similar documnet.

http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/Document.jsp?objectID=tis09447
Agente Smith

Hello thanks to cres already settled 90% of my problems with the server was uhn problem cabling towards netraid now my principal and I think the past is that when intensto install any operating system tells me (the program installation is inspecting the hardware configuration of your computer) as any installation in any PC BUT NOT THAT HAPPENS well spend hours and not moving and try windows 2003, 2000 Server 2000 nt server and up to live cds linux as ubuntu does not charge anything that should this or what is the proper procedure to install? Since I am only doing the booting with the installation CD
I infinitely thank your help

Joshua Small_2
Valued Contributor

What exact model server do you have?

If I understand you correctly, you are trying to install Windows 2003 on a very old server. It may not run it.

Can you clarify exactly what issue you are having, the post above is not very clear at all regarding this.
Agente Smith

THE model my server is an HP Netserver LH II is not installed yet nothing has only discs formatted in RAID 0 as a single unit (6 are functioning as one) and I have a pentium processor 300 mgz because the 2 I am not one recognizes him because I do not know, that I do not care what matters is that I can install the operating system, as explained earlier when the disc makes booting said (the program installation is inspecting the hardware configuration of your computer ) and there is not progressing more, and try a live cd ubuntu and the same boots and everything, but when it is going to start working and not move from there and try and almost all operating systems 98, Windows NT server, 2000 2000 2003 server, ubuntu, redhat, suse, and none is what is happening

I hope your help thanks
Joshua Small_2
Valued Contributor

Firstly I would suggest against RAID0 - if you have that many disks you should look into RAID5.

Do you know what operating system this server was originally built with? - it's clearly not new.

That server is likely well below the minimum spec to run Windows 2003.
Agente Smith

Hello thank you thank you for answering my calls this I thank you provide any account messenger to be able to communicate faster, looks good with regard to your response and I am aware that my server is not borne 2003
I want to install NT or 200 2000 professional but attempting to install the remains on the message "program installation is detecting the hardware configuration of their equipment" and there is not progressing I look forward to an early response and I want to start fixing it now thank you very much for your help

Joshua Small_2
Valued Contributor

program installation is detecting the hardware configuration of their equipment

I don't recall ever seeing this message during an OS installation. When is it occuring?
Joshua Small_2
Valued Contributor

I would also ask, what RAID card does this machine have? What type of hard drive? Can you remove the RAID card and connect direct to the motherboard and try an OS install?

Have you tried removing most of the memory, so that only one chip remains?

Remove any additional PCI cards?

The supported OSs for this machine are:
Banyan Vines
MS DOS
Novell Netware
OS/2
SCO Unix
Unixware
Windows NT4.0

I would not attempt any other OS.

There is a diagnostic tool here but I am unsure of its use:
http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/SoftwareDescription.jsp?lang=en&cc=us&prodTypeId=15351&prodSeriesId=50440&prodNameId=15473&swEnvOID=54&swLang=13&mode=2&taskId=135&swItem=ns1017en

Really what are you trying to do with such an old server?

You will get more performance and reliability from a new low end HP workstation.
Agente Smith

Thank you my problem is solved and the server is running with Windows NT, the problem was netraid card, and connect the disk directly to the mother board and also had a problem with a processor thank you
Cheers and many thanks