1753758 Members
4974 Online
108799 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Problem - Netserver 1000r auto boot when power ON

Alexey_35

Problem - Netserver 1000r auto boot when power ON

Hello from Ukraine!
I want automatic boot 1000r server when it powered from UPS. I upgrade server`s BIOS and Firmware to latest version but there is no options for power management configuration.

Can you help me resolvle this problem?
4 REPLIES 4
Terri Harris
Honored Contributor

Re: Problem - Netserver 1000r auto boot when power ON

Is this the LP1000r? What UPS do you have? What UPS software are you using?
Alexey_35

Yes, LP1000r. We have APC Smart UPS 2200 and 3000. We use APC Power Shute Network Shutdown Software.
Terri Harris
Honored Contributor

Unfortunately I do not know of a way to get this to work. The APC UPS requires a BIOS setting accessible by the user to set the power state. There is no user-accessible BIOS power setting with the HP Netservers or HP Proliant systems.
This works when you have a combination of Netserver with HP (pre-merger HP) UPS and the HP UPS software PowerWise. This is because the UPS software has been written to notify the BIOS directly of the power state. So Netservers work with the old UPS systems that support the PowerWise software. And Proliant servers work with the newer HP/Compaq UPS with the HP Rack & Power Manager or HP Power Manager.
The APC UPS software is not able to change the Netserver BIOS. This would not be a problem if the BIOS had a user option to set the power state, but it does not.
You need the BIOS setting option, or the UPS software must be able to put a byte in the NVRAM to notify the server of the power state.
Alexey_35

Terri, thank you very much for detailed answer! you really help me!

Alexey.