Network Attached Storage (NAS) - Enterprise
1753569 Members
5865 Online
108796 Solutions
New Discussion

Compaq NAS B3000 or Proliant DL580 firmware?

Ryo Takagi
Occasional Contributor

Compaq NAS B3000 or Proliant DL580 firmware?

Hi, I was doing a trial on a NAS B3000 with RILOE card installed on it. I was unable to get any output from the display, so I decided to set the dip switch and cleared the NVRAM. Now, the box still does not show any output from the display and worst still, it restarts every couple of minutes by itself! I'd tried the Disaster Recovery procedure by setting the dip switches and putting in a ROMPaq diskette in the floppy drive. I could hear 2 long beeps and the green lights goes on for the floppy and after about 30 seconds or so...it just rebooted itself...and then just do the same thing over and over again. Am I doing it the wrong way? Which ROMPaq should I be using? NAS B3000 or DL580 's? I'd tried both with the same results. On the box, it has NAS B3000 label on it and also DL580 on it. Now, the box is just rebooting with 2 long beeps and then stays on for a couple of minutes and just restarts again. Any suggestions folks? Thanks.
1 REPLY 1
Kevin Harlan
Valued Contributor

Re: Compaq NAS B3000 or Proliant DL580 firmware?

I would recommend you try pulling the RILOE board out first, and then see if the server will boot. It is possible that the RILOE card is having issues, which would explain no video and also possibly why the server keeps rebooting.

Once the RILOE is out, if the server will still not boot (and continues to give you beep codes), then you have a platform issue (i.e. a hardware issue in the server itself). You will need to troubleshoot the platform or seek help from support.

If the server does boot with the RILOE removed, then that indicates this is a RILOE problem. In that case, I would recommend trying to flash the RILOE firmware to the latest version available. If the RILOE does not allow any machine to boot, meaning that you can't flash it, then you need to contact support about getting a replacement RILOE.