4077 Online
108760 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: EX490 Recovery Disc

SOLVED
Go to solution
walterthet

I think my server is totally rooted... I tried running the recovery software and follow all the instructions ->safe mode -> change IP -> reset button -> etc but the recovery software is still stopping at stage two... The error message is not helpful either.... (what kind of software engineer put error massage "unknown error")... I am about to give up now... no more HP media server for me... support is terrible, software is hard to find and software leave much to be desire...  hopefully I don't loose all the data... I am hoping to pull out all the hardrives and connect to my PC manually... hopfully my pc can read the hardrives... I wasted so much time on this already... 

VoicesFYC
Advisor

Hey Walt.. Don't give up so fast..... I had the same issues like you have and both of these guys helped steer me in the right direction... let me explain... both of these great guys helped me get the recovery disks I needed to restore my server..as I had NO cd's or hard drives...so I got the hard drives and then had to get the cd's...both of these gents went out of there way to help me aquire the software needed to get my server going...now on to your issue...I had the same issue as you have when I started to install the software..and Dispite tom's expert knowlage on the mediasmart servers..i did something different...BECAUSE it wouldn't install doing the Fixed IP address or trying to do it in safe mode (warning! I did mine unconventional) I installed my software by leaving the internet hooked up and NOT in safe mode..mostly because the connector software acted more stupid than a HP technician...so I will say to you....when all else fails..do what your NOT supposed to do with the software and it just might work...it did for me :) try running the connector software with everything set as normal..oh and one more thing...THAT **bleep** reset PIN is a Pain in the...so you have to hit it at jusssst the right time to get everything to sync up :) then you should be good to go :) besides what I've said...talk to tom and jeff..these guys are Amazing....just don't give up too soon....I didn't and now my server is up and running :) Good Luck Walt ! Daniel Watkins VoicesFYC

N4WQH

I am trying to recover data from an EX 490 server.  It appears that something catastrophic has occurred.  I am A+ certified with a load of network experience.  First time with this box.  Does the server recovery disc harm the existing data?  There are 4 1.5 TB drives and it is nearly full of data for a business.  There is a backup of 80% of their data.  I am trying to help recover as much as possible.

Thanks,

Mike

F15EagleE

Looks like you are a victim of your own success as the dropbox link you provided is temporarily blocked by dropbox due to excessive traffic.  Do you have this uploaded anywhere else?  I have a similar issue where my system drive has bad sectors and needs to be replaced (thanks SMARTWHS).  However I purchased this 5 years ago now and no longer have the discs.

Thanks much!

ausmoe1

Hello, I have the same issue can not restore because of lost disks I tried the dropbox and the link is dead can someone re-post the ISO for this server please. Thanks

Copper701

I would be willing to throw in if we could get a paid site for downloading the ISO images. I have been look every where for these. I have a nice looking paper weight on my desk  >:)

TomHayesMP
Frequent Advisor

I just updated my link to the disk ISO images. Ther are now here.

https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0BzRIeI12rXCDNXNlWFdzY29JYm8&usp=sharing

If you give me a few minutes I'll also upload the instructions to the same Google Drive acct.

Tom Hayes   

tomhayesmp@gmail.com

TomHayesMP
Frequent Advisor

I finaaly remembered to update the link to the disk ISO images.

https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0BzRIeI12rXCDNXNlWFdzY29JYm8&usp=sharing

Tom Hayes

TomHayesMP
Frequent Advisor

TomHayesMP
Frequent Advisor