3602 Online
108758 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: EX490 Recovery Disc

SOLVED
Go to solution
ste1980

hi tom i know this is cheeky but do u still have ur cds and your ex490 if so could you please do me a copy i dont mind paying plz let me know asap ty 

le_pinceau

Do you know whether the server recovery disk will work with a EX470 as well?  Seems I have all the disks except for the server recovery disk.. thanks

TomHayesMP
Frequent Advisor

Hi,

I have no idea if the recovery disc will work with an EX470. If I were you, I'd just try it and see. The process should be the same. I'm sorry I cannot be more difinitive than that.

Tom

Alaskangeek

Tom,

Thank you , Thank you for your recovery disks!!!!

My 5 year old EX495 bit the dust the other day. Luckly I backed the family photos that where on it, to the cloud, but I ripped some DVDs to it, and the kids where use to watching some of their shows.....anyways....

My HP disks where long gone, and Google searching, I found I needed thoses disks to get the server back up and going.

I came across this forum, downloaded the disks. Replaced the system hard drive in the server, and as able to recover the server and still have the data on the other drives in tact!

Just finished this an hour ago.

Awesome!

johnrxx99
Advisor

Hi Tom, I hope you are still reading this page.

I have the dreaded flashing blue health light problem and I'm only two days into getting help. I am in the process of downloading your discs and hope I can burn them - I tried getting the WHS disc from Microsoft but damned if I could burn it onto a dvd and  get it to a bootable disc that worked. What software do you use?

Unfortunately the first page of your info file, the zip with instructions and scans, doesn't appear to respond. Is their any way you could repost it.

Many thanks, John

TomHayesMP
Frequent Advisor

johnrxx99
Advisor

Many thanks for such a swift reply. I suspect I'll be back:-)

johnrxx99
Advisor

Tom, I know this will appear silly but I've had problems burning ISO images. I downloaded the MS Windows Home Server iso from their site and it failed to produce a bootable disc. I used several makes of software and none succeeded.

I read on another site that if the boot didn't work just use the .exe file but there are no .exe files on your downloads. Am I missing something as burning an .ios file should be so easy.

Cheers, John

johnrxx99
Advisor

Also, after 4.1gb of downloading the Server recovery file it has failed, for the second time. Is there a limit on Google?

MagsMcKinley
Occasional Visitor

@johnrxx99 wrote:

Tom, I know this will appear silly but I've had problems burning ISO images. I downloaded the MS Windows Home Server iso from their site and it failed to produce a bootable disc. I used several makes of software and none succeeded.

I read on another site that if the boot didn't work just use the .exe file but there are no .exe files on your downloads. Am I missing something as burning an .ios file should be so easy.

Cheers, John

I like using ImgBurn - http://download.cnet.com/ImgBurn/3000-2646_4-10847481.html - try the "Direct Download Link" - it's free and you have to be careful you don't download other programs.  It has worked great for me.  Please let me know if anyone has a better suggestion.