1753532 Members
5287 Online
108795 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: HP 3-in-1 Hard Disk Upgrade

Roberto_144
Advisor

FW upgdade found here (dunno why in japanese!).

http://h18002.www1.hp.com/support/files/hpcpqnk/jp/download/23962.html

in there should be the updated firmare and the init fw needed, aka nas_split.nas which is not more on the net.

Provided link deals with nas but not the 3-in-1. More updates soon...
Roberto_144
Advisor

ops a mistake in my prev post.
the "supplied link" = the http://www.k0lee.com/hpmediavault/index.html#hddreplacement
link.
this deals with other nasses...sorry
Roberto_144
Advisor

stuko, please, unsharp some points to me:
1) if the nas stored the unit IP inside the disk, when we change disk, how it knows his actual ip ?

2) how nasload discovers the nas over the network ?

3) is the upgrade action isolated enough, I mean: retain old HDD, and reconected (and reboot) does preserve "pre" system state ?

thanks
Roberto_144
Advisor

Works fine.
Some doubt cleared:

- NAS retains in onboard eepron IP(if static), user and password and all other "IP" related cfgs

- tfptd as suggested is needed JUST as it can work as a DHCP server. no need if NAS has a static ip or a router with DHCP enabled is connected to.

- when it has a blank disk it goes in "ready for fw" state. Nasload will discover it on the network and update it

- the update process needs 5-6 mins before 1st user notification. Wait and dont stop it. Needs time.

- After recive "good fw flashed"

Remote machine HPNAS (at address 192.168.0.**)
a firmware download.
Downloading hpnas_split.nas...
Transfer to HPNAS successful.

wait another 4-5 mins then connect from a networed pc directly to the NAS address and start to reconfigure it (pools disks etc)

thanks to all
Roberto_144
Advisor

Now the bad news.
I tied to to exactly the same "operation" on an identical NAS...
no way.
Any time the error got is "10054".
The new HDD is zeroed for sure with several ways.

I'm scared, using the "hard reset", to loose old hard disk and nas capability :(
Tadeusz Kaluzynski

hi Jakub ;) w sumie bede pisac po polsku sorki.
i ja tak jak Felix chce zmienic 160Gb na cos wiekszego. mogl bys mi w skrocie napisac jak bezpiecznie taka operacje przeprowadzic? jak pozniej przeniesc dane z 160 na ta np. 500Gb? serdecznie pozdrawiam i czekam na odpowiedz.
Roberto_144
Advisor

what about usage of english or french ? in polish nobody can help you...
Carolyn Lundy

How do you get even get it to recognize the 160 Gb that is in it. My laptop doesn't seem to know it is there.
Roberto_144
Advisor

carolyn: you mean you have attached your laptop to the nas and you dont recognize it ? must pass by network even for docked laptop cradled. Browse your network and look for a device called \\hpnas. Or better, open your browser at NAS ip (check you cfg)
Tadeusz Kaluzynski

hi Jakub ;)
and I so as Felix wants to exchange 160Gb on something greater. would can me in to write step by step how to conduct such operations safely? how do later to transfer from 160 data on this np. 500Gb? I greet warmly and I wait on answer