New Discussion юеВ

Re: NAS 1200 and Veritas

SOLVED
Go to solution
The Real MD
Valued Contributor

NAS 1200 and Veritas

Team,

I am having troubling setting up a backup for a NAS1200 using veritas's netbackup. I am getting:

Attempting to connect to server \\Server failed with the following error
The network path was not found.

I can ping the other server from each server.

I have added the client access licence from the veritas backup server but I cant seem to add the client. The NAS box has SP3 installed. and the bruise on my forhead from hitting the wall is getting bigger.

any suggestions would be very welcome

regards

martin.
9 REPLIES 9
Greg Carlson
Honored Contributor

Martin,
I am only aware of locally attached backups being supported on the NAS 1200s. Have you attempted to connect a local tape to the 1200s and run a local backup?

Ciao,
Greg
Lets Roll!
Clemens Sibon
Occasional Advisor

I disagree with the previous post. We have succesfully tested remote backups from the NAS1200s with Backup Exec 8.6 server. We did have some problems installing the client though and backing up the system state doesn't work but we don't mind.
The Real MD
Valued Contributor

What did you do to install the remote client, I thought I had tried everything but it sounds like haven't quite tried everything. Do you have a link or a doc I could follow, it seems the standard remote install doesn't work.
Keith_112
Valued Contributor
Solution

Try looking in the NetBackup Help for a topic "Installing the 32-bit Remote Agent to Remote Computers using command line". I have used this procedure to install a "Backup Exec" agent to a 1200s and was able to subsequently perform a backup. Also, ensure your network path is good between the backup server and the 1200s.
The Real MD
Valued Contributor

The client has installed but the server can't connect to it. Any suggestions

Thanks in advance

Martin.
Kevin Hung

I could backup data on NAS 1500 from another backup server after I installed Veritas Backup Exec 9.1 remote agent on the NAS 1500. It took 262 hours to backup 107 GB data. I could backup 111GB data from another DL380 server for 3 hours only by using same backup server, same SONY LIB-152E/A3 tape library and same Cisco 4006 switch under same LAN and subnet. Does anybody know why backup process is so slow on HP StorageWorks NAS 1500 /640GB?
Anthony Percival

I just got it to work on my system 1200s 3 minutes ago by starting the remote registry service and adding domain admin to the security tab of the c$ share. But to be honest I think the remote registry service did the trick. I hope this works for you guys too.
Anthony Percival

I should clarify my previous post. I was able to remotely install the veritas agent (version 9x) remotely by starting teh remote registry service. For some reason on the NAS it is set to manual and stopped. But on my 2003 servers (not storage edition) it is set to automatic and started.

Good luck
The Real MD
Valued Contributor

thanks for all your responses