1748214 Members
3211 Online
108759 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: NAS 1200s File not found error

Clemens Sibon
Occasional Advisor

NAS 1200s File not found error

When trying to open a file with an extention that is known to the workstation but not on the NAS device (e.g. a .mov or .mp4 media file), a message "File not found" is displayed. The file is there and can be copied to other locations (local system) and opened from there.
7 REPLIES 7
Clemens Sibon
Occasional Advisor

The same problem also occurs on a NAS 2000s. It happens when trying to start a 16-bit Windows .exe file from the storage location on the NAS. When you copy the file to the local machine it works fine.

I hope somebody can explain me what is happening here or otherwise tell me how to contact HP about this issue...
Greg Carlson
Honored Contributor

Clemens,

Try to put the /NOPAE switch in to the boot.ini on the NAS and see if that resolves your issue with 16-bit applications.

Ciao,
Greg

Lets Roll!
Clemens Sibon
Occasional Advisor

Hi,

I added the /nopae switch but it didn't help.
Since the error message looks strange (not Windows-like) I added a picture of it, maybe somebody recognises this...
Keith_112
Valued Contributor

Hi Clemens,

Have you done anything with the Filtering feature on the 1200s?
Clemens Sibon
Occasional Advisor

Nope, nothing at all. I made a screening policy just to test and that works fine.

I also see the activities the filter performs but there is nothing about the filter preventing from opening a file.

I do however still get the same error when trying to open a .mov file, even though I cannot create a .mov file when I activate the screening policy 'Stop Media Files'.

I don't understand the difference (from a storage device perspective) in opening a file or copying a file to another location :-(

Because of this problem, I am unable to offer a HP NAS as a storage solution for a customer that will specifically use it as a media storage devive :-(
Keith_112
Valued Contributor

Hi again Clemons,

Before you nix the recommendation, can you provide a few more details about the issue .. your client (Windows, Unix, etc.), OS type, protocol being used (CIFS, NFS, etc.), application or program you are using on the client to run the files (Win Explorer, Win Media Player, etc.). Thanks!
Clemens Sibon
Occasional Advisor

Hi there,

The answers to your questions are:

Clients: Windows XP (SP1, SP2) Windows 2000 (Latest SP)
Protocol: CIFS
Application: Apple Quicktime for the .mov files

Hope this helps...