New Discussion юеВ

Re: NAS B3000 - Possible bad disk(s)

SOLVED
Go to solution
Henry Goverde
Frequent Advisor

NAS B3000 - Possible bad disk(s)

Hi,

We have a NAS B3000 (2 - clustered) with 4 MSA1000's and 8 MSA30's attached and running Windoze 2000 powered OS.

The systems have been having disk errors showing up in the system event log. I was told to run the ADU (Array Diag Utility) on the system and go through it to find drives which are having failures. Unfortunately, when I run the ADU, it only reports on the 2 internal drives of each cluster member and not the 150 NAS attached drives.
Visually, none of the drives shows anything but a green light.

Any suggestions on what utility will give me SMART and other drive information?

Does the ADU work in a NAS environment?

Thanks in Advance

Henry
3 REPLIES 3
Greg Carlson
Honored Contributor
Solution

Henry,

I suspect you hae an older ADU that wouldn't be compatible w/ the MSA.. Run this version of ADU and post your zip file for us to review

http://h18007.www1.hp.com/support/files/server/us/download/21867.html

Ciao,
Greg
Lets Roll!
Henry Goverde
Frequent Advisor

Hi,

I had someone on site check and yes the version was incorrect. (But it is the link HP support sent me).

The department does not want to run the install or the diags until after hours so we won't have results until later tonight.

I will review and post them once they are available.

Thanks,

Henry
Henry Goverde
Frequent Advisor

Hi,

The newer version did the trick - I wonder why the storageworks support person gave me the link to the older version when he knew the system contained MSA1000's?

Here is the file that the ADU diagnostic outputs. I will post the event log that identifies some drive errors on Monday.

Thanks in Advance,

Henry