1748128 Members
3545 Online
108758 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

NAS1200 yellow light

Lars_12
Advisor

NAS1200 yellow light

On the front of my NAS1200 a yellow light is blinking. It's the warning light with the ! mark on it. I can't find any information on why this is blinking. It seems to work ok regarding networking and so on. Anyone have any ideas?
6 REPLIES 6
Greg Carlson
Honored Contributor

Re: NAS1200 yellow light

Lars,

Try to reboot the system and see if the amber LED goes away. If that doesn't resolve the issue, you may need to swap out the core box. The amber LED is indicating a potential internal health issue, however attempt a reboot to resolve first.

Ciao,
Greg
Lets Roll!
Lars_12
Advisor

I've already done that several times. First it goes away. then after a couple of minutes it comes back again. During bootup though the Power LED becomes amber.

I've also tried reinstalling from the CD. No difference.
Greg Carlson
Honored Contributor

Lars,

What is the status of the LED's on the back of the 1200s? You will probably need to log a call with support and have the 1200s swapped out due to some internal health condition. That LED is a general LED and doesn't pinpoint the source. And apart from hard drives, everything else is core box replacement on the 1200s.

Ciao,
Greg
Lets Roll!
Keith_112
Valued Contributor

Hi Lars,

We were able to duplicate your error in our lab by removing one of the fans while the system was up. The indicator is tied to the environmental monitoring of the hardware performed by the AMI BIOS. Assuming you are still under warranty, I would suggest contacting HP Support through the HP web site. Have the model and serial number ready.

If you want to explore further, during startup, press the F2 key to get into the AMI BIOS utility. The menu system should be easy enough to locate the enviromental monitoring of the hardware, specifically the CPU and System fan, temperature and voltage levels. See if you see anything abnormal.

Good luck!
Lars_12
Advisor

thanks for your reply Keith.

Although i checked all the environmental values and nothing seemed strange. I even opened up the box while it was running and all the fans seemed to work fine. I also ran some system tests from the system diag utility. nothing seemed wrong.

I had a talk to HP Support and they will send me a replacement unit. Lets hope that one works better. FYI, i've been running 4 other NAS1200's for one year now all these ordered and shipped the same day. Probably just a bad unit. :)

Keith_112
Valued Contributor

More information I received late last night:

BIOS will blink this LED amber and record related events if:
1. any H/W monitor error: fan, voltage, thermal and chassis intrusion
2. any error during BIOS POST

You can use "view eventlog" in BIOS setup to check the error.