StoreEasy Storage
1747984 Members
4252 Online
108756 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Upgrade NAS 1000s to WSS 2003 - DVD Fail

BR847630

Upgrade NAS 1000s to WSS 2003 - DVD Fail

I am trying to upgrade my 1000s to a 1200s. I started with a Toshiba ext USB DVD rom and I would get the splash screen from the restore DVD but would then fail to load the driver for the USB Device. HP tech support told me to get a HP ext USB DVD and start again because that was the problem. I asked if a DVD writer would work they said yes and I order a DVD 420i. Now if I try to boot with the 420i it just hangs but if I put the DVD in the Toshiba boot up to the point of failure and then move the DVD to the HP I can browse the DVD from the DOS prompt but can not run the .bat file to start the process or copy the image over from the DVD. HP says it should work but I have had no luck, if anybody has had this problem please help. Thank you in advance for an info.
3 REPLIES 3
BR847630

Re: Upgrade NAS 1000s to WSS 2003 - DVD Fail

I'm sorry but the ext DVD is a dc4000 not a 420i.
Jon Paul
Trusted Contributor

Hi Richard,

We have not tested the DC4000. Sorry.

Try this, after the DVD boots from the Toshiba, remove the USB cable and replug. This may then discover the DVD drive.
BR847630

I have tried ever different way. I tried to boot with the Toshiba and then unplug and re-plug but I get the same thing. I also booted with the Toshiba and then once it failed I plugged the dc4000 in and at that point I can browse the DVD but I don't get anywhere. I can also switch to an A drive that the DVD creates during boot up and I see a couple of .bat files but if I try to run them to rerun the install all of the files disappear.