Network Attached Storage (NAS) - Enterprise
1753729 Members
4706 Online
108799 Solutions
New Discussion

hp ibrix knowledgebase

hp ibrix knowledgebase

hi,
can documentation for hp ibrix be found apart from hp storageworks x9000 webpage abd related manuls on hp.com. i want to know internal operations of ibrix like lustre for better understanding.

P.S.This thread has been moved from Storage>Training & Education to Network Attached Storage (NAS) (Enterprise- HP Forums Moderator

4 REPLIES 4
Johan Guldmyr
Honored Contributor

Re: hp ibrix knowledgebase

Hi, check out lustre.org for info about lustre. If you want to understand internal structure you may have to attend some training..

Hi,
I want to know internal operation details of ibrix. can anybody give the link/docs/white papers related to it which is apart from the manuals of X9000 available on hp website.
certangle
Regular Advisor

The Lustreâ ¢ node file system ldiskfs (based on ext3/ext4) is limited to an 8 TB maximum file system size and offers no guarantee of data integrity. To improve the reliability and resilience of the underlying file system on the OSS and MDS components, Lustre will add ZFS support.

http://wiki.lustre.org/index.php/ZFS_and_Lustre
Emil Velez_2
Trusted Contributor

X9000 is not a open source peoduct so the Hp manuals are all you have. They actually are pretty good as well as the course
Emil Velez
Instructor Storage, Servers, HP-UX and Partner Courses
Hewlett Packard Enterprise Education Services
Ask me about training on StoreServ (3PAR) StoreOnce, StoreEasy, StoreAll, StoreVirtual, HP-UX, ServiceGuard and HPE Partner Ready Certification Training

internet: Linkedin: http://www.linkedin.com/in/emilvelez

HPE Master ASE Server Solutions Architect V3
HPE Master ASE Storage Solutions Architect V2
HP UNIX Certified (ASE HPUX 11iv3 Administration V1)
Certified HPE Instructor
HPE Product Certified - OneView [2016]
HP Sales Certified -Servers, Converged Systems and Services [2015]
HPE Product Certified - Converged Solutions [2017]