1752643 Members
5804 Online
108788 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: nas1000s w2ksp4 install

Mike Hollowell
Occasional Contributor

nas1000s w2ksp4 install

I have tried to install win2k sp4 on a new unit, but the install fails as the nas restarts IIS as soon as the service pack install stops the service. The service pack install errors and then rolls back.

I have tried disabling the appmanager services, but this ends in the unit watchdog restting the power and that kills the OS which means I have to reinstall from the recovery cd.

What is the proceedure to install a service pack?

Cheers
Mike
3 REPLIES 3
Keith_112
Valued Contributor

Hi Mike,

SP4 is supported (see link below)
http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/Document.jsp?objectID=c00047273

Are you closing all programs, to include the NAS WebUI or do you have another program (i.e., a service running that has a IIS dependency) running that requires IIS?

Keith
Mike Hollowell
Occasional Contributor

I am running at the console, all programs closed, brand new box, all I have done is downloaded w2kSP4 and the latest rollup. The service pack install gets most of the way through, is doing something with IIS and gives an error (it mentions IIS but I cannot remember the error text) then it rolls back (if you have selected the backup files option when installing the SP.

I have suceeded in applying the update by the method below, but would like to know the correct (easy) way.

I disabled the watchdog in the bios, disabled the swnas.exe and shutdown.exe in hpnas/manager by renaming, & set the 4 server appliance services to disabled & rebooted. This enabled a sucessfull install, after which I changed everything back.

I have 6 other appliances that I need to update and would prefer not to have to do all this.

Mike
CA1118839
Valued Contributor

Mike,

What service pack was on the 1000s before installing SP4? If it is the base service pack that came with the 1000s image, I believe it was SP2, try putting SP3 on first, then SP4. It has been a while, but I recall having to do this when I restored the 1000s back to its factory default image.

Keith