3895 Online
108759 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: unpredictable server's reboot

TatianaTatiana
Occasional Visitor

unpredictable server's reboot

Dear Sirs!

We have cluster with two servers - HP StorageWorks X3800 Network Storage Gateway - with operation system – Microsoft Windows Server 2003. Sometimes 1 node of this cluster suddenly reboots. The only error in Event Log is Error ID 6008: Unexpected shutdown.

We also analyzed iLO logs and found POST-Error 1792- Drive Array Reports Valid Data Found in Array Accelerator. These post errors contemporize with unpredictable reboots, but the quantity of errors less then reboots.

1. What do you think is the reason of server’s reboots? Where else can we find information about reasons of server’s reboot?

2. Is there any utility for diagnostic hardware?

3. Can I find more information in iLO logs? May I change some settings for more detailed iLO logs?

P.S. this thread has been moved from Servers > General to Network Attached Storage (NAS) (Enterprise) - Hp Forum Moderator

1 REPLY 1
Jan Soska
Honored Contributor

Re: unpredictable server's reboot

hello,

here are some hints:

a) do you have both servers fully updated from HW side? (firmwares, bios, drivers)

b) do you have both server fully updated from OS side?

To you questions:

1) hard question, could by software and hardware as well, try steps above

2) you, you can use HP Insight diagnostic, check this http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/SoftwareIndex.jsp?lang=en&cc=us&prodNameId=460017&prodTypeId=18964&prodSeriesId=460016&swLang=8&taskId=135&swEnvOID=1005

3) I am afraid not, try all steps above.

Jan