Network Management / (OpenView-NNM) Practitioners Forum
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

How to locate duplicate seed

Advisor

How to locate duplicate seed

I am running NNMi 8.13.  When I add a new seed to the Discovery Configuration, I got the result indicating "No node created (duplicate seed)".  I do not have any Auto-Discovery Rules.  How can I determine where is the duplicate seed?

6 REPLIES
Respected Contributor

Re: How to locate duplicate seed

search that particular IP
Thanks,
Bharath
Highlighted
Valued Contributor Valued Contributor

Hi,

Means, somewhere the node details present in NNm, that you have tried to add. Find it and delete that things.

Then you can add those nodes in that.

Cheers..!

Arun

Frequent Advisor

Hi ,

Better you take a List of Node detail's in " Inventory " Tab .

Check the Node which you are adding is available or not Please check , then Proceed . 

Thanks,

Sathyaraj.K

Trusted Contributor

Please check for some options:

- The problematics IP is virtual IP of Redundancy Router Group Member ( check in Inventory workspace )

- Turn on tracing level to finest of: nnmsetlogginglevel.ovpl com.hp.ov.nms.disco FINEST

- Follow the same steps in this KM to find exact duplicate IP ( it maybe not the IP seed, but other IP which is on same device as IP seed)  https://softwaresupport.hp.com/group/softwaresupport/search-result/-/facetsearch/document/KM1111411?lang=en&cc=us&hpappid=202392_OSP_PRO_HPE

Regards

--------------HP Support--------------
If you find that this or any post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution.
Occasional Visitor

The following link https://softwaresupport.hp.com/group/softwaresupport/search-result/-/facetsearch/document/KM1111411?...

does not open.It gives me the message

You don't have permissions

Can you please describe the steps.

We have the same problem and have tried to delete duplicate seeds/nodes but with no results.

Acclaimed Contributor Acclaimed Contributor

>You don't have permissions

You need a SAID to access that KM article.