Network Management / (OpenView-NNM) Support and News Forum
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Openview & environment

Occasional Visitor

Openview & environment

How do i setup a Environment trap for openview to poll cisco routers this way if Temperature is a bove a certain temperature i will get an alarm.

Tnx
Selim
My mind is a terrible thing to waste!
4 REPLIES
Advisor

Re: Openview & environment

I would recommend configuring an snmp data collection and threshold event for the mib which reports temperature. You could set a threshold alarm to trigger if the value exceeds an acceptable level.

You will need to load the mib definition for the cisco equipment you plan to monitor.
Advisor

I would recommend configuring an snmp data collection and threshold event for the mib which reports temperature. You could set a threshold alarm to trigger if the value exceeds an acceptable level.

You will need to load the mib definition for the cisco equipment you plan to monitor.
Advisor

Highlighted
Advisor