Network Management / (OpenView-NNM) Practitioners Forum
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Stale collections (1) has status Minor because there were between 0 and 5 stale collections

Highlighted
Valued Contributor

Stale collections (1) has status Minor because there were between 0 and 5 stale collections

Hi Team,

Recently i could see that there is lot of incidents arrives in NNM incident Management console stating that " Stale collections (1) has status Minor because there were between 0 and 5 stale collections in the last 5 minutes."

It happens for me very frequently and solves itself in between the time of 10-15 mins.

I could not have enough information to trouble shoot the issue.

Am using NNM > 9.10,9.11.004. 

Please help me on this issue.

Regards,

Bebu

2 REPLIES
Occasional Contributor

Re: Stale collections (1) has status Minor because there were between 0 and 5 stale collections

Please check IF you have enabled Interface Pefromance polling on the devices, and enable the tracing on u r NNM to " FINE " and check nnm.trace.log files, might help u in finding the devices ,which are causing.. this issue. I mean these devices are not responding for SNMP in the given poll time (ex: 5 mins), then these events gets generated.
Valued Contributor

Re: Stale collections (1) has status Minor because there were between 0 and 5 stale collections

Hi,

Thanks,

I have observed that few devices were in custom poll group that was not reachable (seised) devices. i have made them all out of service. I am looking for it, whether it resolves the issue ?

After that, i am not sure about  TRACEING   NNM to "FINE". please post me how to do that.