Network Management / (OpenView-NNM) Practitioners Forum
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Warning: No font found, how to update or install missing X11 fonts?

Occasional Contributor

Warning: No font found, how to update or install missing X11 fonts?

On an HP 9000/800/D270 running HP-UX 11.0, I need help with IBM's Tivoli Storage Manager Client GUI, dsm, which aborts with a core dump and numerous messages regards missing X11 fonts. (Yes, I exported the display)

First, I ran "swremove" on the older release, IBMADSM 3.1.0.6 ADSTAR Distributed Storage Manager. The older version GUI, adsm, worked but is outdated.

I installed the updated product, TIVsmC 5.1.6 Tivoli Storage Manager Client. The Tivoli command line interface, dsmc, works. The Tivoli GUI, dsm, aborts with a core dump after a brief large GUI display with the following messages scrolling by on the screen.

Warning: Missing charsets in String to FontSet conversion
Warning: Cannot convert string "-dt-interface system-medium-r-normal-s*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*" to type FontSet
Warning: Missing charsets in String to FontSet conversion
Warning: Unable to load any usable fontset
Warning:
Name: FONTLIST_DEFAULT_TAG_STRING
Class: XmRendition
Conversion failed. Cannot load font.

Warning:
Name: FONTLIST_DEFAULT_TAG_STRING
Class: XmRendition
Conversion failed. Cannot load font.

(The above Warning messages repeat many times followed occasionally by the below message)

Warning: No font found

Just for the record, I upgraded to the same product on an HP9000/800/D380 running HP-UX 11.0. The Tivoli dsm GUI works. The only immediate difference I could detect was that the D380 has /usr/lib/X11/fonts/iso_8859.15 fonts and the D270 doesn't. If that is the issue, how can I install the iso_8859.15 fonts?

I've included the file, dsm_X11_fonts_err.txt, that contains all the errors from the screen.

Thanks, Paul Doyle