New Discussion юеВ

Re: Possible device models and its correspondant HP switch

SOLVED
Go to solution
Aar├│n
Frequent Advisor

Possible device models and its correspondant HP switch

Hi!

I've been messing around the HNS with a couple configurations but I'm not quite sure what device model is what HP switch.

For example, SIM3100, what HP chassis is it? How could I test a 5500hi switch in HNS??

Thanks!

5 REPLIES 5
Jay_Flora
Frequent Advisor

Hi Aaron,

HNS simulates the Comware OS, not specific devices. So you can't really test a 5500hi switch per se.  The closest model to HNS would be the 5900 switch.

Hope that helps,

Jay

Aar├│n
Frequent Advisor

Wow that was fast :)

For the 5900, what would the device model be? Is there a PDF or something with the different models available?

Jay_Flora
Frequent Advisor
Solution

Hi Aaron,

If you've downloaded HNS through the "Download" button on the HNS webpage, www.hp.com/networking/hns, you would find a user guide, "HP Network Simulator for Comware Devices - Windows User Guide_v2.0".

This user guide on page 4 has a list of devices and device cards that can be created within HNS. Here you will see which device on HNS has how many ports of a specific type, but there is no direct correlation between a virtual HNS device and a physical HP device. Since HNS is a learning tool rather than a testing tool, so the focus is that the user can configure all the Comware features (all the ones that dont use ASIC), as compared to being able to test a specific device. I'll attach the user guide here just in case you don't have it already (I'm assuming you're using WIndows). Let me know if you're using Ubuntu, I can upload that user guide, but I would suggest to download the whole package from the HNS webpage as that has an IRF lab that you  might be interested in too. At the main page, you can also find a Self Paced Web Based Training that'll help you ramp up fast with HNS. Also there is a link to Lab guides that I post.

Regards,

Jay

Aar├│n
Frequent Advisor

Thank you Jay, great help and advice!

Aar├│n

Jay_Flora
Frequent Advisor

yw Aaron.