4452 Online
108759 Solutions
New Discussion

APA configuration questions ...

Tim Hempstead
Frequent Advisor

APA configuration questions ...

Hi,
We have a requirement to improve the network resiliency to our Superdome and as such we are currently looking at implementing HP APA. Currently we have this in use on one of the vPars with two lan cards aggregated together to form a single link to switch1 as lan900. Here we want to create another aggregated link to switch2 and then a failover group between them.

Now I assume to create another aggregate I can just copy whats there and change the interfaces and numbers as appropriate to form a lan901 device.

I'm a bit unsure on the failover group though, do i put entries for interface name for lan900 and lan901 with a config mode of LAN_MONITOR in the port config file and then do the configuration of the lanconfig.ascii file, but do I need to add anything to the general apa config file to go with this?

Also we need to configure our other vPars as well. With these we only have two network cards with each connected to a different switch.

If we were to configure just for fail over on failure do we just configure them using the LAN_MONITOR port configuration mode section of the quick start guide and if so do we need to add anything to the general apa configuration file on top of the port config file and lanconfig.ascii file?

Or if we wanted to have both cards in use and fail back to just on of them on link failure then how would we configure that?

Note that in all cases the switches are on the same network and vlan so all cards would be able to see each other on the same network.

I've been trying to go through the APA documentation but I've been getting a bit bogged down!