5400 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: FTP Error 500: Invalid port command

MSEMEA
Frequent Advisor

FTP Error 500: Invalid port command

Hallo,
I have a problem, when a user tries to add an attachment he becomes the above mentioned error. Did anyone had same experiences or knows what to do?

Thanks for your help in advance
13 REPLIES 13
Ian McKerracher_1
Trusted Contributor

Hello Msemea,

I believe that FTP Error 500 can refer to any one of a number of errors. Did you receive any additional messages after "Invalid Port Command"?

Regards,

Ian

MSEMEA
Frequent Advisor

I received no other message, that is exactly my problem
Michael Schulte zur Sur
Honored Contributor

Hi,

please post the used command.
Adding an attachment? That sounds more like email to me. What sense could make an attachment with ftp?

greetings,

Michael
MSEMEA
Frequent Advisor

we are using the functionality of adding attachments to a service call. Wich is nothing else then a link to an ftp server where the file is stored. How do I figure a command?
Michael Schulte zur Sur
Honored Contributor

Hi,

if you are using ftp then you have an ftp client and an ftp server. The client issues commands to the server. So, what are you using? I still do not get what you are trying to accomplish. You are transfering files, right? And where comes this service call into the picture?

Michael
Ralf Puchner
Honored Contributor

Is there a firewall involved? maybe the given ports for control-/data transfer are blocked.
Help() { FirstReadManual(urgently); Go_to_it;; }
MSEMEA
Frequent Advisor

where the service call comes up see attachment...what you see in the picture is when a user tries to save a service call where he added an attachment or he opens the service call and tries to open an attachment.
Michael Schulte zur Sur
Honored Contributor

Hi,

this is more a windows matter than tru64 unix.
You would have to find out, who handles the ftp server part of the backend and there you could see what ftp command the client issues.

Michael
Al Licause
Trusted Contributor

You might start with what type of systems are in use on both ends and the versions they are running.

The more detail you can provide the easier it will be for someone to pose a solution.

You might try running tcpdump on the unix side and/or ethereal on the pc side to view the conversation and see just which port the application is trying to use.

I encountered something similar recently when a linux system attempted to ftp to a tru64 system. It seems that the linux client was connecting to the kerberos port rather than the ftp port.