1745812 Members
3859 Online
108722 Solutions
New Discussion

Generation 2 Fingerprint

GaBarnes
Occasional Contributor

Generation 2 Fingerprint

I am looking for the Generation 2 nmap fingerprint for an "HP-UX B.11.00 A 9000/800".

This fingerprint was part of the Generation 1 database, but was not transistions to Generation 2 that I have found. Therefore does anyone have an entrie for said fingerprint?

Side note, what does the 'A' in "A 9000/800" represent? I have found 'C' and 'U' in the database, just not 'A'

3 REPLIES 3
Ian Vaughan
Honored Contributor

Re: Generation 2 Fingerprint

Howdy,

The original HP-UX 11.00 went end of support ten years ago. The only current version is HP-UX 11.31 aka 11iv3

http://www8.hp.com/h20195/v2/GetPDF.aspx/4AA4-7673ENW.pdf

You might have more luck with HP-UX specifics on their sub-forum on this site - look under Products -> "Servers and Operating Systems" and follow the white rabbit :-)

The "A" and 9000/800 etc specifies a PA-Risc 9000 server architecture. Prod workloads should have all moved onto Itanium CPU familiy years ago.

If you want to know how the HP-UX box should be secured do a serach for the "HP-UX Bastille toolkit"

Hope that helps - Kudos button is there in case it did :-)

Cheers

Ian

Hope that helps - please click "Thumbs up" for Kudos if it does
## ---------------------------------------------------------------------------##
Which is the only cheese that is made backwards?
Edam!
Tweets: @2techie4me
Dennis Handly
Acclaimed Contributor

>what does the 'A' in "A 9000/800" represent?

I think it is the number of licensed users.  U is unlimited.

Ian Vaughan
Honored Contributor

Blimey! That is a blast from the past.

I think we got the unlimited licenses when we upgraded to HP-UX 11.00 from 10.20

I'm not saying it was a long time ago but our new box that year (N4000?) would have graduated from school this summer :-)

Ta

Ian

Hope that helps - please click "Thumbs up" for Kudos if it does
## ---------------------------------------------------------------------------##
Which is the only cheese that is made backwards?
Edam!
Tweets: @2techie4me