1753528 Members
5484 Online
108795 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Half duplex

Subbu Krishna
Occasional Advisor

Half duplex

I have a N class server with quad ethernet cards. By default HP sets the PORT speed to
100M Half-duplex. I have changed this to
100M Full duplex. However, every once in
a while it changes back to 100M Half duplex.
Do you know what may be causing this problems. I would expect this to run at 100M FD when set unless the system reboots.

Thanks sk
4 REPLIES 4
Kofi ARTHIABAH
Honored Contributor

Subbu:

You can make your change permanent by editting the file /etc/rc.config.d/hpbase100conf or the file corresponding to the card you are using (found in the /etc/rc.config.d directory), it explains at the top of the file how to set it up. after you have set it up accordingly, you should then run

# /sbin/init.d/hpbase100 stop; /sbin/hpbase100 start
(or the script corresponding to your interface name)

What may have been happening is that your switch may be auto-neg'ing with the card and you do not want that!

cheers.
nothing wrong with me that a few lines of code cannot fix!
Subbu Krishna
Occasional Advisor

I have set the port speed and mode in the rc file and the autonegotiation is off.
Kofi ARTHIABAH
Honored Contributor

Subbu:

when it reverts to 100 HD, what do you see in the /var/adm/syslog/syslog.log file? (do you see something like lan card renegotiating connection?)
nothing wrong with me that a few lines of code cannot fix!
Vincente Fernandes
Valued Contributor

You can set the it 100FD from commad line: lanadmin -X nmid 100FD
Also update "/etc/rc.config.d/hpbase100conf" file. Do an "/sbin/init.d/net start & /sbin/init.d/hp100* start".
Make sure that the switch(the connection from hub/router) is also set to 100FD or set to adjust auto.