Operating System - Linux
1748035 Members
4724 Online
108757 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: RHEL 6.5 network configuration on BL460C Gen8 (554M)

Kasraeian
Occasional Contributor

RHEL 6.5 network configuration on BL460C Gen8 (554M)

Hello,

Background

We have project which we should install and run RHEL 6.5 on BL460C Gen8 with one 530FLB and one Flexfabric 554m. 

Based on configuration we have from software team, they asked to config eth0 (first port on 530FLB) and eth3 (second port on FelexFabric 554M).

We did so but after OS installation and configuration, software installation and nic configuration we found out one of the port on 554m was disabled and card was faulty, so we changed that NIC with new card.

Problem

Now we have new card and test that on other blade with windows OS and it's working fine but as we install it on blade with RHEL (the one I mentioned above), when I'm using ifconfig command, only eth0 configuration shown up. 

I ran System-Configuration-Network command and removed eth3 information, restarted the server and ran that command again and configure it with proper IP for eth3 but when I'm restarting the network service I'm getting an error.

Also there's no information about eth3 on ifconfig output.

I'd be grateful if you could help me with this matter.

Thanks in advance for your help and consideration 

2 REPLIES 2
TwoProc
Honored Contributor

What does "ip addr sh eth3" from the command line (as root) give you?

We are the people our parents warned us about --Jimmy Buffett
Arunabha Banerjee
Valued Contributor

Please check /etc/udev/rules.d/70-persistent-net.rules file and remove old MAC address.

AB