3190 Online
108758 Solutions
New Discussion

Trying to enable wifi

Jai_Bhagwan
Occasional Advisor

Trying to enable wifi

Hello Sir,

Sir, I am using Ubuntu 14.04, hp probook, serial no: xxxxxxxxxx, you can see all the details there, I think.

Sir, my pc is only showing enable networking option and not enable wifi option, when I run the command "lshw -class network", it only shows ethernet and no wireless there, "ifconfig wlan0" shows no such device error. I tried to solve it by reinstalling Ubuntu 12.04 then again 14.04. I downloaded the network driver SP62406 from hp website but I don't know what to do of the .tar downloaded file except extracting it.

Sir, I am trying to solve this problem from a month.

Sir, please solve this ploblem and if you are not in the concerned department then please give me any contact no. of an expert who can solve this.

Thanks

Regards

Jai Bhagwan

P.S. I have removed the serial number and email address from your post for secutiry. That is information you probably do not want to make publicly available. Also it could potentially generate spam mails to you. - HP Forum Moderator

5 REPLIES 5
Jai_Bhagwan
Occasional Advisor

Re: Trying to enable wifi

Sir, thankyou, my wifi is enabled. Thanks for your help. Sir, aapne wahin se kuch settings ki hai kya?

Avanzato
Visitor

I'm having the same issues with Ubuntu, but I can't see anywhere on the above post that says how it was fixed?

Jai_Bhagwan
Occasional Advisor

Have you try installing drivers and calling hp customer care?

Avanzato
Visitor

I've tried some drivers that I found after searching Google for similar issues. HP support told me they don't support ubuntu so won't help.

Have you got the link to the driver that worked for you?
Jai_Bhagwan
Occasional Advisor

Brother, actually I tried surfing and searching for it and I tried many commands so I don't know which make it right and which method will suit you.

I can give you some hints for debugging:

(1) System Settings->Software and Updates->Other drivers

(2) "ifconfig wlan0 up" in the command line terminal

Try searching for the problem using the hints above.

Brother, I am also interested for the solution.

If further queries then please mention your email id, I will contact you.