1748246 Members
3586 Online
108760 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: "NO BUFFERS" value on NC553i NIC stats increasing

Tobie  AMSA
Occasional Contributor

"NO BUFFERS" value on NC553i NIC stats increasing

We are running SAP ERP 6.0 on an RX8640 with HP-UX 11.31 and Oracle 10.2.0.2.0 as database server and HP BL460c G7 X5670 blades on Windows Server 2003 R2 Enterprise x64 as application servers. We have noted a sudden drop in SAPGUI response times on the application servers after the application servers have been up and running for about 4 to 5 hours.

On the BL460c blades we have noticed a steady increase of the "NO BUFFERS" value on the Advanced Adapter Statistics of the network card (NC553i). This is happening on all the application servers. (These exact same application servers were connected to another database server HP-UX Superdome 11.11 without this problem occuring). We suspect the problem could be located on the database server (AD337-60001 network card).

What is the reason for the "NO BUFFERS" value rising? Is there a way to trace the source of the problem? What can I do to fix the problem? We have already tried to increase the value of "RECEIVE BUFFERS" on the network card without success.

Best regards
Tobie
1 REPLY 1
Tobie  AMSA
Occasional Contributor

Re: "NO BUFFERS" value on NC553i NIC stats increasing

Moved thread to HP-UX networking