Networking
1753774 Members
7237 Online
108799 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: "SERVER BUSY" window keeps popping up on one of our network computers

Ronnie_8

"SERVER BUSY" window keeps popping up on one of our network computers

A "Server Busy" notification window keeps popping up on one of our networked computers. It specifically states "This action cannot be completed because the other program is busy. Choose "Swith To" to activate the busy program and correct the problem". I don't know what the hell it means. I click Switch To and it just opens my start menu. I don't know which program is busy. Please help someone. We have the HP NetServer E 800 with an MS Office 2000 operating system.
3 REPLIES 3
Norman_21
Honored Contributor

Hello,

Check the Event viewer. Also, check your startup programs. We need to know what OS is that so as to help you more?

"Attitudes are contagious, is yours worth catching"/ My first point was given by SEP on January 31, 2003
Jon Finley
Honored Contributor

If you right-click on the taskbar, you can launch task manager. Click on the Application tab to see if one of your applications is not responding. Click on the Process tab to see if one process is using alot of CPU%, or CPU time.

That should give you an idea of what is going on.

Last, as X-MAN already pointed out, look for errors or alert messages in the Event Viewer.

Jon
"Do or do not. There is no try!" - Yoda
Norman_21
Honored Contributor

Hello again,

Here is a beautiful tool to show you the active process, place it on the Desktop and open it, then check for upnormal process. Or you can post your screen shot back here! You might have some AD/SPYware programs running.
An execellent tool to remove the spyware is here, please download!
http://www.pcworld.com/downloads/file_description/0,fid,22262,00.asp

Good luck.
"Attitudes are contagious, is yours worth catching"/ My first point was given by SEP on January 31, 2003