New Discussion юеВ

Re: ITP webservers

SOLVED
Go to solution
Ashwin80
Occasional Advisor

ITP webservers

Hi ,

I am working for NONstop. I am new to ITP webservers. can anyone help to get the basic idea about the ITP webservers.

Regards,

Mani.D

5 REPLIES 5
TimeLord
Occasional Advisor

There is a manual which you can find on www.hp.com/go/nonstop-docs . Or alternatively, you can search the knowledge base for 'NonStop iTP Webserver" and select one of the manual entries.

iTP webserver manages the web-tier like serving static pages but it is also capable of interfacing with Pathway (TS/MP) server classes. In addition iTP Webserver is able to manage Tomcat servlets and Java Server pages For that, you need to find documentation about NonStop Java Server PAges (NSJSP).

Good luck!

Ashwin80
Occasional Advisor

Thanks man :-).

Here we are using the G-series operating system

NONSTOPJAVA will work in my system ?
TimeLord
Occasional Advisor

Yes, NonStop Java will work on G-Series also. The supported versions are Java 1.4 and 1.5.

You have to be aware that the hardware of the MIPS procesors (that are used in G-Series) is lacking speed. Java -on any system- runs better if the processor speed is higher. The first NonStop Integrity servers showed about 7 times the raw Java performance when compared to S-series hardware (G-series software).

Ashwin80
Occasional Advisor

The answers which you are giving is drilling my mind to sharpen towards the NONstop JAVA.

And i appreciate your answers.

I looking for the whole setup . where i can practically experience the ITP Webservers. like how it works and how it is utilised. 

And also one more question on NONstop Java. whether we will complie the java code in over tandem or we will import the complied object to use into over tandem.

Could  please provide the specific answer to hardware ( S-series ) , Operating System ( G-series ).

TimeLord
Occasional Advisor
Solution

Practical experience with iTP Webserver: there are education classes offered.

Regarding compilation of Java for NonStop: Most customers use a development environment on the workstation, like Eclipse, and do the development there. Then transfer the class files or jar files. Which can be automated as well, since it is standard Eclipse functionality.