4559 Online
108788 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: NSDEE - NSK Java Development with Eclipse

Bannatyne84
Occasional Contributor

NSDEE - NSK Java Development with Eclipse

Hi folks,

I'm looking for something akin to 'getting started' documentation pertaining to basic setup for the specific case of developing java on the nonstop - nothing fancy, I'm just looking for something that documents the basics of project creation, build and run.

I already have more general documentation, focusing largely on using the NSDEE (NonStop Development Environment for Eclipse) for C/C++ development on NSK using Eclipse. 

It is my understanding that the NSDEE allows java development on the nonstop, but this particular aspect of the functionality seems to be missing from the documentation I have.

Using what I have, I have been able to configure the java environment in OSS, install the NSDEE in my Eclipse environment, configure an SSL connection to the nonstop and create a blank "Remote Managed Make Project". This creates a blank makefile with a default make command of, unsurprisingly, 'make'.

A java project will clearly need to make use of javac (java compiler) but there is, as far as I can find, no documentation to give any clues as to how anything non-C/C++ or TAL should be setup at the most basic level.

I understand that there may be some useful java-specific examples within the CORBA product although, to my knowledge, we do not have this and I have been unable to locate any files related to this on any of our systems.

If anyone can point me to some useful documentation on this subject, I would be most grateful.

Thanks

P.S. This thread has been moved from NonStop Servers to NonStop OS. - Hp Forum Moderator

3 REPLIES 3
stalemate

I assume you're aware of the following resources: <http://h17007.www1.hp.com/us/en/enterprise/servers/integrity/nonstop/nonstop-development.aspx#.VKQXUMmfazk>.

STALEMATE
HP AllianceOne member
stokie

The resources referred to contain nothing of substance related to Java development. 

stalemate

For the record the data sheet Programming Language for HP Integrity NonStop Servers on the abovementioned link refers to HP NonStop middleware and Java.

STALEMATE
HP AllianceOne member