5219 Online
108788 Solutions
New Discussion

gtacl - permissions

Madej
Advisor

gtacl - permissions

Hi All,

I have to prepare some recommendations for our customer which will run uCMDB with DDM for discovering UNIX environment. And they want to know which command used by DDM require higher privileges than regular user.

I am looking for some information about permissions to run "gtacl -p" command.

I can't find any man pages where it could be described.

Can someone help with it?

Can I run this command by non-root user?

I don't have any knowledge about NonStop, so I am sorry for my lay question.

Thanks

Regards

Madej

1 REPLY 1
TimeLord
Occasional Advisor

Re: gtacl - permissions

@Madej wrote:

Hi All,

I have to prepare some recommendations for our customer which will run uCMDB with DDM for discovering UNIX environment. And they want to know which command used by DDM require higher privileges than regular user.

I am looking for some information about permissions to run "gtacl -p" command.

I can't find any man pages where it could be described.

Can someone help with it?

Can I run this command by non-root user?

I don't have any knowledge about NonStop, so I am sorry for my lay question.

Thanks

Regards

Madej

Madej,

gtacl is a command in the OSS (Posix) environment that is used to start a Guardian (original Guardian OS environment) shell that allows you to run programs (with the -p option) or builtins (with the -c option) that execute in the Guardian environment.

As such, any user in the OSS environment can run gtacl: it is executable to everyone.

There may be rules of set by the program that you start by invoking gtacl. I assume you want to use gtacl to invoke tools that interface with the OS. The permissions are defined by the tool you are invoking.

Soe tools have no restrictions, some have restricttions to certain subcommands. As an example: anybody might be able to obtain information about a Guardian file using the  "fup" tool, but only certain users may be able to remove (purge) the same file.

So perissions depend on what you need to do.

More information about gtacl can be found in the OSS manual (and man pages),