Operations Orchestration Practitioners Forum
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Trying to do a query inside my XML but not sure what to do.

Highlighted
Trusted Contributor

This is the XML.  I need to get the relationship.name where it is LIKE "-PROD".  Does anybody know how to do this?

Thanks,

Don

<soapenv:Envelope xmlns:soapenv="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/envelope/" xmlns:ns="http://schemas.hp.com/SM/7" xmlns:com="http://schemas.hp.com/SM/7/Common" xmlns:xm="http://www.w3.org/2005/05/xmlmime">
   <soapenv:Header/>
   <soapenv:Body>
      <ns:RetrieveooCIRelationshipKeysListRequest attachmentInfo="" attachmentData="" ignoreEmptyElements="true" updatecounter="" handle="" count="" start="">
         <ns:model query="">
            <ns:keys query="" updatecounter="">
               <!--Optional:-->
               <ns:relationship.name type="String" mandatory="" readonly="">?</ns:relationship.name>
               <ns:logical.name type="String" mandatory="" readonly="">?</ns:logical.name>
            </ns:keys>
            <ns:instance query="" uniquequery="" recordid="" updatecounter="">
               <ns:logical.name type="String" mandatory="" readonly="">?</ns:logical.name>
               <ns:relationship.name type="String" mandatory="" readonly="">?</ns:relationship.name>
               <ns:relationship.type type="String" mandatory="" readonly="">?</ns:relationship.type>
               <ns:relationship.subtype type="String" mandatory="" readonly="">?</ns:relationship.subtype>
               <ns:attachments>
                  <!--Zero or more repetitions:-->
                  <com:attachment xm:contentType="application/?" href="" contentId="" action="" name="" type="" len="" charset="" attachmentType="">cid:393818817546</com:attachment>
               </ns:attachments>
            </ns:instance>
            <ns:messages>
               <!--Zero or more repetitions:-->
               <com:message severity="" module="">?</com:message>
            </ns:messages>
         </ns:model>
      </ns:RetrieveooCIRelationshipKeysListRequest>
   </soapenv:Body>
</soapenv:Envelope>

2 REPLIES
Trusted Contributor

Re: Trying to do a query inside my XML but not sure what to do.

[ Edited ]

Hi Don,

If you are using HPOO 9.x you can use the XPath filter in the results tab to perform an XPath query against the XML; if you are using 7.51 or as an alternative to a filter there is an XPath operation under /lib/util/xml processing.

There are two instances of relationship.name in the XML you provided so not sure which one you want (or both?); also not sure if you just want the value or the entire XML tag.

This XPath will get you the values for n number of tags

ns:relationship.name[contains(.,'-PROD')]/text()

If you want the entire tag returned simply remove the /text() component.

If you only want one of them returned you need to specify the parent tag of either ns:keys or ns:instance like below

//ns:instance/ns:relationship.name[contains(.,'-PROD')]/text()

Please note that XPath is case sensitive so it will not find -prod or -Production etc. XPath 2.0 allows for some case insensitivity but HPOO only uses XPath 1.0. There is a workaround for XPath 1.0 using the translate() function but it's very messy.

If you want to return n number of values (instead of just one) you won't be able to use the XPath filters as they only return the first result unfortunately.

Hope this helps.

-steve

Trusted Contributor

Re: Trying to do a query inside my XML but not sure what to do.

Steve,

I don't want to do it in the result.  There are over 20k records that would be returned from HPSM.  I want to do it when I am doing the call to HPSM.

Thanks,

Don