New Discussion юеВ

Re: 300mx+AHA2944UW+w2k

SOLVED
Go to solution
Simon Lui
Occasional Contributor

300mx+AHA2944UW+w2k

First problems ...
If 300mx is power on before server boot, system will hang after all the bios messages. (before the windows splash screen)
Howerver, if 300mx is power up after server boot. W2K sees the drives as F: and G:.

Second Problem ...
Even the drives are accessable from w2k. We are not able to format the rewritable optical disk came with the jukebox.
As soon as we start the format, the format program crashes.

Any idea ?
2 REPLIES 2
John Griffith_3
Valued Contributor
Solution

Hi Simon,

For the first problem I'm not sure, but you may want to verify the settings on your HBA. It sounds to me as if the system is trying to boot off of the MO if it's never even getting to the Win2K splash screen.

For the second problem, yes I understand this as well. The NTFS driver in Windows 2000 has a bug which causes an overflow when trying to format 4096 sector sized media (I'm assuming that you're using 4096 9.1 Gig media).

There is a hotfix for this the hotfix ID is: Q304908 Although it's hard to determine from the website, there is no charge for this hotfix to the customer.

In addition this fix will be implemented in Service Pack 3 for Win2K when it releases later this summer.

Let me know how things go and if you have problems acquiring the hotfix.

Thanks,
John
Simon Lui
Occasional Contributor

Thank you John.
You are right on both problems. We are now able to boot the server with the jukebox powerup and format the WORM with windows.
Thanks.