Optical Jukeboxes and Drives
1752754 Members
4448 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

660fx surestore keep recieving a 4eh error

Albino Matesic

660fx surestore keep recieving a 4eh error

I have two boxes in the office. One being a 300fx and the other being 660fx. On the 300fx box we have run the wellness test 100 times and the test was passed. For the 600fx, I tried to run the wellness test on this box and we always seem to get a 4e error. We read through the service manual and tells us to change the verticle motor.

First we swapped the verticle motor with the 300fx box into the 660fx box. Then we ordered a brand new motor after knowing the defectivness of the older motors when they overheat. We also replaced the common parts such as the verticle encoder strip, gear box, and some other parts.

I can keep going on about what we have tried and was wondering if there are any solutions to this problem that is over looked...such as the firmware or a cable that causes this to happen. One last note the starwars was turned off while running this wellness test.

Thanks for the help in advance.
5 REPLIES 5
Eugeny Brychkov
Honored Contributor

Re: 660fx surestore keep recieving a 4eh error

Albino,
does this 600fx pass power on self test or this failure occurs only when you run wellness test?
Of course you can try updating firmware to see if it will fix anything http://www.hp.com/cposupport/information_storage/support_doc/lpg50128.html .
It's really hard to tell you what's wrong without seeing this library from the inside and how it fails. But here's something I would propose:
- you replaced vertical encoder strip. Did you make sure this stip is inside optical pair located on the picker assempbly?
- open the box and see how it fails. Try to understand waht can cause it. What picker does when it fails?
- there can be another components bad: optical pair on the picker assy, autochanger PCA, etc
Please use HP LTT to generate support ticket and attach it to your next reply zipped
Eugeny
Albino Matesic

I tried running the test again and recieved a 4e error. This time I have attached the support ticket file. Let me know if you can help or give me suggestions.

Eugeny Brychkov
Honored Contributor

Firmware looks like latest.
I propose to go to librarys front panel, and issue 'reset to defaults'. After this power cycle library and run wellness test again. BTW, did you replace AC controller (just to check it)? You replaced gearbox - did you use correct picker frame assy leveling procedure? Please keep us posted
Eugeny
Albino Matesic

I restored the factory defaults. Recycled the power on the jukebox. Then proceeded to run with the wellness test. I came across the same error, 4e.

Here is the list of things I have replaced in there:
- Verticle Motor with the current part number
- Gear Box
- Vertical Encoder Strip
- Picker
- Translate Assembly
- GPIO Cable
- Umbilical Cable
- Controller Card
- Power Supplies

I even turned the star wars off when running the wellness test.

Hope somebody can help me.

Thanks in advance,
Al
Eugeny Brychkov
Honored Contributor

I propose the following:
- using LTT reflash AC controller and drives again;
- open library, sit in front of it and look how it fails. Maybe you'll be able to understand what can cause the issue. NOTE: do not get into libraray when it's running. It can harm your health;
- try different tests, not wellness, and check which tests are failing. Wellness does INIT MECH and EXERCISE MECH tests, so try them separately;
- disconnect SCSI cable(s) from SCSI repeater board (at the library side) and try again;
Does this failuer occur on the very first wellness test pass or at the 100s? Note at which picker's vertical position tests fails. Is it almost the same position? Try running starwars test and check with closing beam path with paper sheet and see how starwars indicate your action on the front panel
Eugeny