1747997 Members
4313 Online
108756 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: 7200e drivers effect floppy function

Boehler

7200e drivers effect floppy function

Hi there,

Whenn instaling teh drivers for the 7200e (latest set from HP site) afterwards my floppy does'nt work any more. It doesnt read or writes floppys, always says they are not formatted what is not true, also does not formats properly. This problem occured on Win 98 and now on Win2k SP2 also. Computer is a Thinkpad 390E, all Firmwareupdates and Biosupdates for Win2k were sucessful installed.
On Win98 I could not find any malfunctions in the device or systems settings.

Does anyone knows help?

Thanks

P.S. This thread has been moved from Disk to Optical Jukeboxes & Drives. -HP Forum Moderator

8 REPLIES 8
Eugen Cocalea
Respected Contributor

Hi,

Check the BIOS settings, maybe you've chosen the wrong type for your floppy. Usualy, it should be 3.15", 1.44M

E.
To Live Is To Learn
Boehler

Hi Eugen,

You might be right - but in this Bios nor in the device firmware ist any point of fixing the type of floppy.
Installing the drivers of the HP CD effects the floppy, reinstalation of the floppy drivers does not work resolving the problem, deinstallation of the HP-CD drivers gives after reboot full functionality to the floppy back.
Am I the only person on the world with this conflict?

HP
Alan Maylin

Hi,
I have the same problem. Did you find a solution?

Alan
Oceanis
Occasional Advisor

Are we talking about drivers or about software?
If software, never attempt to load any Adaptec or Roxio software onto Win2k or WinXP, unless it is specifically made for these OS. If you still try, it may do more or less serious damage to your setup. Try downloading other CD burning software, such as Nero (www.nero.com) or anything else as long as it is not Roxio.
if you throw it in the trash can and it don't jump back out, you know its broken
Boehler

Hi,

The problem is the driver, regardless if Win2k delivered (Microsoft) or HP-Webpage downloaded.

I found a solution - probalby not the one you want to hear: I sold the drive second hand.
Boehler

The hint in regard of Adaptec / Roxio Software seams to be a known one. Off the Roxio hompage you can download a pretty long instruction on how to install Easy CD Creator under Win2k .....
I checked the functionality of the drive first before I went into the hassle of this installation torture.

Anyhow - the guy who bought my drive is an extreamly happy camper - everything works fine on his system - and he had an extraordynary good price.

Cheers.
richard hobbs
Advisor

Do you know how to get a HP CD writerplus 7200 e to interface (work) with a Win ME Operating System. Email me Richardhobbs@usa.com
Thanaks.
Oh GOD help Us!
mark tatham

Yep, the best way to fix ANY problem with a CD Writer 7200e is to flog it immediately but not to anyone you know or who knows where you live.