Optical Jukeboxes and Drives
1753478 Members
5946 Online
108794 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: 8200e CD Writer, Buffer Underrun, need help!

Ed Hart
Honored Contributor

skegs skegs: did you try to burn without your anti viral and/or firewall(s)? They'll swipe the poop from your *sshole if you let them.....
"Suma Cum Difficultade"
Skegs
Advisor

Back from holiday, so happy new year yo all of you helpers!

Ed Hart: I've definitly got the latest drivers. Also, I've just downloaded the latest VIA Tech drivers for my motherboard, so we'll see if that makes a difference after this post (will reply if it does). I've only just installed XP Pro, so I didn't think that defragging would be nessacary, but have now done that also. I've got Norton AntiVirus 2003 Prof., and have tryed burning with the autoprotect disabled, but with no joy. I know XP has its own firewall, but how could that effect burning (I always burn disconnected from the net, being 56k)?

Eugeny Brychkov: I'm going through all that I can from that link you provided, but no joy so far. How can I find out if there is anything on the same bus as the CD writer?

I have included as an attachment a jpeg of what Nero Info Tool is showing me when I check the Configuration, and find an Unknown Adapter.

Also, just looking at my system info, it tells me that my Total Physical Memory is 256mb, yet my Available Physical Memory is only at 54.57 mb. Is this normal??? Could this lack of free RAM be enough to cause the buffer underrun? What the hell is draining it?

Cheers,

Skegs
Skegs
Advisor

Also, in this post I've included a strange thing I've found in Device Manager. As the 8220e is an external USB device, there may be a conflict here. It is showing two sets of everything.

Please view the attached jpeg to see what I mean.
joy_7
Occasional Contributor

Hi,
I tried everything you people
wrote here but nada

Nero is NOT working with
HP8200 usb.

Not with the "new" HP drivers
And not after reading lots and lots of stuff FROM HP SITES

NERO+HP=0

if you got 1, not 0
you are just lucky

I don't like my hp
Joy.