Optical Jukeboxes and Drives
1752790 Members
6451 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: 8230e external USB CD writer, Windows2000 and DirectCD.

Giorgio Baldini
Advisor

8230e external USB CD writer, Windows2000 and DirectCD.

Hi everyone,
I currently use my 8230e connected to a W98SE Hp Vectra desktop and, more recently, to a W2K Hp Omnibook XE3 laptop. With W98 Vectra all is fine, DirectCD works fine and I use it every day with standard Windows drag-and-drop features for backup purposes. On the contrary I can't succeed to make DirectCD work on the W2K laptop: there I was able to use only HP RecordNow software. It appears as DirectCD hasn't been designed to work under W2K, is this correct ? If so, how can i manage my files the way I did with DirectCD i.e. with standard Windows drag-and-drop facilities ? And CDRW too (formatting, reading, writing) of course...
One colleague told me he has W2K and DirectCD working together: the trick seems that he has UPDATED to W2K from a W98 with DirectCD already running without doing any other operation. Does anyone experienced that? My problem is that I haven't a previous W98+Direct CD working environment on my laptop...
Any help will be appreciate, thank you.

P.S. This thread has been moevd from Disk to Optical Jukeboxes & Drives. - Hp Forum Moderator

5 REPLIES 5
harry d brown jr
Honored Contributor

I nad directcd running and I sure as hell did NOT upgrade to w2k from w98!

Uninstall the driver/software, attach the hardware, install the driver/software.

live free or die
harry
Live Free or Die
nancy newman

i have the same problem with my 8200e cd writer...so let me know if you get to the answer. i tried replacing the wnaspi32.dll file, also downloaded frasp117, which is 4 files zipped, which i was told was the answer, but it did not work for me...maybe it will for you... i have win me..is that the same as win 2000..i will try to attach the zipped files
nancy newman

i have the same problem with my 8200e cd writer...so let me know if you get to the answer. i tried replacing the wnaspi32.dll file, also downloaded frasp117, which is 4 files zipped, which i was told was the answer, but it did not work for me...maybe it will for you... i have win me..is that the same as win 2000..i will try to attach the zipped files
nancy newman

here's the zipped files
Ed Hart
Honored Contributor

try this page:

http://h20015.www2.hp.com/en/softwareCategory.jhtml?lc=en&pagetype=software&prodId=hpcdwriter22108&sw_lang=en

If you clean house of earlier versions, I think it will run ok
"Suma Cum Difficultade"