Optical Jukeboxes and Drives
1751947 Members
4749 Online
108783 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: CD-ROM Driver HL-DT-ST DVDRAM GSA-4084N

Joey G

Thank you Damien, Worked perfect...However I only had an "upperfilter" in that folder...I deleted it and back in business! Again thanks so much....

Joey
Dione Rose

Hi everyone,

I have been fighting with my cd rom for the last 3 days to include working with HP support. we went through all the same stuff - she even gave me the page she read from. I still am having the same issues - I can read dvds but not cds which of course means I can't install most applications. Anyone have any more suggestions??
Keith A Palmer

I just wanted to say that the regedit process worked for me as well!
Thanks All
Gaurav Samudra

Hi,
I too had the same problem - Driver was corrupt and DVD drive wasn't showing up. I tried to uninstall the device, but the problem persisted. The regedit workaround worked like a charm (I only had the 'Lower' enry).

Thanks!
Gammy

This is absolutely a nightmare. The fix that has been posted does work but keep it close. I've had to reinstall the driver more times than I can count. It happens almost everytime an update downloads from Microsoft to my computer and almost everytime I install a new program on it. From what I've heard this is actually a problem caused by Microsoft and it's software and not actually a problem caused by HP. If you look almost anywhere on the net you will find thousands no millions of people complaining that they are losing their DVD drivers from all manufacturers and models. It actually apparently comes down to a bug in Windows itself software and yet despite the numerous complaints Microsoft apparently has no intention of coming up with a permenant fix for this problem for all of us.
CHUCK GORDNER

the regedit worked for me,,,,thanks
Jeff Martinez

I was having the same problem with my HP Pavillion dv4400 Notebook - HL-DT-ST DVDRAM GSA-4084N error code 39 / driver is corrupt

I deleted the upper and lower filters as ssuggested by someone here in this forum and It worked.

I've never loaded the LightScribe CD that came with this Laptop. I did it shortly after I deleted the filters. To find out the drivers for HL-DT-ST DVDRAM GSA-4084N are on the LightScribe disk. Instal and click on update.

My suggestion is to update drivers from LightScribe first if that dosent work delete the filters.

My notebook is working great!
Nathan Watts

The regedit fix worked for me!

(Although there was no "lowerfilter" item for me to delete)

Thanks!
Raghuram Singh

I thank Monika Rodgers and Damien Simonetti for sharing very useful info on this forum. I am using HP Pavillion dv6000 in which i faced problems with "HL-DT-ST DVDRAM GSA-4084N" error code 39 / driver is corrupt. I tried to uninstall and rebooting my dv6000, obviously it did not work. So, I followed the following steps as suggested Monika:
(1) System Backup (2) Data Backup.
(3) Right click Mycomputer => Properties => Hardware tab => device manager (missing driver will have yello/black mark" (4) right click on the device and uninstall it. (5) start => run regedit . Go to the folder path as shown in my attachment ie HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Class\{4D36E965-E325-11CE-BFC1-08002BE10318}
(6) Carefully delete "upperfilter" and "lowerfilter" items.
Raghuram Singh

Well, this is continuation for my previous mail. After deleting "upperfilter" and "lowerfilter" close the window. Reboot the system. Just like magic the "HL-DT-ST DVDRAM GSA-4084N " CDROM firmware will find its lost driver. Please refer the attachment with this mail, which is after I have deleted the "Upperfilter" and "lowerfilter"

thanks to the forum.