5517 Online
108786 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Fall media on HP 300MX

CA1065746

Fall media on HP 300MX

Hi
i have a funny problem on my 300MX ,
i often found 2 media rely on the base below the drive ,1 media below each drive .
There is not errors displayed on control panel
all test done with LTT 3.3 are passed well , without problems.Looking on support ticket ,detailed device information,media changer,error log(recovered errors),wait vertical,micro-move id, there are many vertical over force exceeded limit set by firmware .Is this error related to media falled on base ?
Many thanks
3 REPLIES 3
Tina Karasch
Valued Contributor

Re: Fall media on HP 300MX

Yes - they are related as the robot has no clear tapepath acc. to sensors when this happens and generates this error.

- pls remove the media and then clear the errors and run the following tests afterwards
find plunge home
find vert home
find xlate home
wellness
they can be found under admin -> tests

- if you ensure your 300x has fw robot 1.51 and drive 1.15 - your unit should run fine after that.

Pls ensure that the labels on your media are not peeling off and contributing to the unit droping media.
If U want to; let's get technical.... :P
Tina Karasch
Valued Contributor

Another tip :

Rather than using the Aha1510 (sparrow) to connect this unit Single Ended - connect it on a Aha2944uw High voltage differential scsi card - besides being able to use longer cables -> you will get much better performance.

Your 2 drive's firmware need to be upgraded to 1.15 - then clear the internal hard and soft logs (just under wellness in test menu)and you should be ok
tk
If U want to; let's get technical.... :P
CA463863
Advisor

Hello,
I was wondering if you could please clarify.. Are you saying that there are pieces of media laying in the bottom of the unit (ie not in slots just fallen out in the bottom of the jukebox)?

This has nothing to do with the SCSI card, but would be related to a picker issue and there are service notes regarding this problem. You will need to contact your HP support person to have this unit repaired.

Thanks,
John