Optical Jukeboxes and Drives
1757116 Members
2108 Online
108858 Solutions
New Discussion

HP CDRW 8220e

major marco

HP CDRW 8220e

Using the product on a Win2k SP2 box. Still using original HP CD burning software it was bundled with. I have wanted to use Nero instead of HP however it has *never* worked because it seems like HP MyCD sw and Nero cannot exist peacefully on the same HD.

I attempted to remove HP MyCD sw however this was a catastrophe because when it uninstalled it took both CD ROM drivers with it. Device mgr pretended to reinstall both drivers however it never worked. I had to reinstall Windows to get back those drivers. Since then I have never reconsidered uninstalling and now am extremely apprehensive about upgrading to HP MyCD v.3.5. Why fix something if it isn't broken is my motto.

Also, how can I get rid of the DirectCD splash screen when my system boots up. I check the 'do not show this again' box however it gets ignored and the splash displays anyway. I have to click cancel every time my system is booted.

I seem to remember a fix found somewhere -I cannot recall- that rectified this issue. Does anyone remember where I can get it?

Any feedback anyone cares to contribute regarding either issue is welcomed.

P.S. This thread has been moved from Disk to Optical Jukeboxes & Drives. - Hp Forum Moderator