1752815 Members
6111 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: HP DVD 300n unable to recognize DVD+R : HP 754n

Guillon_3

HP DVD 300n unable to recognize DVD+R : HP 754n

Hi,

I got a HP 754n with HP DVD 300n. I was able to write one dvd+r : the HP dvd delivered with. Now i have bought both Verbatim DVD and TDK but the dvd recorder do not recognized dvd (think that there is nothing in the device). I download ans install DVD300BitSet but the soft do not find any recorder on my pc ! (note that he works well when i burn simple CD)...
Any ideas ?

8 REPLIES 8
john murphy_5

I have the same problem. Same PC and DVD. My only success was with SONY DVD+R, product number 10DPR47L1. I think it is because these are 2.4x speed discs and the others I bought (Memorex DVD+R, product number 3202 5550) are 4x speed. There is a warning inside the Memorex package stating that you need a firmware upgrade to use 4x on 2.4x "1st" and "2nd" generation hardware. The web site they point you to (dvdrwservices.com) only points you back to hp.com, where there is no mention of the firmware upgrade.
wendy_30

I have same problem, and try all dvd record
software no result
thanks

Wendy
Bob Litsheim

I have the same problem with my DVD 300n in the Pavilion a230n. My DVD burner was working fine.. then I think it quit working after a HP Software update or a Windows Update, I am not sure. I, too can still read blank CDs and burn CDs with no problem. I called HP and they had me delete some registry values.. (Yes, DELETE them, without backing them up or anything!) I have changed the firmware to several different versions and re-installed my burning software (RecordNow Max) and still no success. HP told me the next step was to format and restore my hard drive. There is a possiblility that would work, but I have too many other programs (and some data) that I would lose and I don't want to have to re-install.

Thanks,
Bob
Nicholas Kavajecz

I have the exact same problem. I have contacted support and they are looking into the problem. I am not sure if I will make it any further than anyone before me, but I will let you know if I do.

Also, please, if you are reading this and have suggestions ... post them.

Thanks
Nick_186

Geert.K

Any idea where I kan find the original sofware belonging to the 300n?
I need that software before I even can install the firmware update.

Any ideas?
Twogreenfeet

I am enjoying the same problem as all of you. I have a homebuilt P4. I have an old 300i that works perfectly fine with cds. I can play some dvd but very few. I have looked all over and cannot find a vista driver. Please help!
Geert.K

We'll get not any support from HP or others.
It's time to buy something else. No HP anymore. Nah.